Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It is only 6 AM and I've had a full day's work

Travis is out of town. Last night was Young Women's and decorating gingerbread houses and I was in charge of the frosting. Tonight is the Relief Society Progressive Dinner and I have two things to make for that. So Morgan and I woke at 4:45 AM which is standard procedure. Right away we heard a loud crash and tumble. I didn't hear glass break so I was a little relieved that it wasn't the Christmas village. I went out to the kitchen and Morgan was over by her bathroom next to the mess. The top shelf of the food storage had broken and about 7 things had fallen. I told Morgan to just keep getting ready - don't worry about it now. After my shower, i noticed it smelled odd. Sure enough, two of the bottles had broken; teryaki sauce and SYRUP. What a mess. Of course it was all over the floor and the cans that were on the floor. So, guess what I got to do? It was so awful. SYRUP!! It is done. I'm sure we'll be wiping down the floor for days as it will be tacky for a while. After that was done, since Travis is out of town, Morgan drove me to Seminary and I drove home. Now I need to get the Crock Pot Chicken going.

Silver Lining: I had to clean the hardwood floor this morning; however, it is better that if I'd had to clean the carpet that used to be there. See, something to be thankful for, other than the strong smell of teryaki in the house.

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Oh how AWFUL. But it is good you can still appreciate something.

Mmmm crockpot chicken! I made a rotisserie style chicken in the crockpot yesterday. I love my crockpot.

Have a good day and I hope no more shelves break in your house.

Jen said...

Poor thing. I hope things settle down for you.