Friday, December 12, 2008

Sickie-poo

So I'm home sick today. On Wednesday, I got a cold around 10:32 AM. That is always how it is for me. I'm just fine until one exact moment when I get a cold and from that moment on, I'm SICK. I took a full dose of Nyquil that night to ensure sleep with my throbbing head. That knocked me out for the night. Then I took a full dose of Dayquil to make sure I lasted through the day. I should have stayed home, but I had 3 major changes in my day; my 1st and 6th classes were in the library, since Teto was using our classroom for a workshop, then I had Teto's classes with mine for 2nd and 4th, and then, I had an observation in 6th period. By 5th period, I had filled out my paperwork and let the secretary know I wouldn't be in school for the next day - today. I feel better today than I did yesterday, but I'm glad I'm home. Maddie is home, too. When it rains, it pours. So, because I was sick, I spent the entire evening running around crazy. Morgie had violin. I told Roz to get ready for dance and her reply was, "If we turn in our science fair project tomorrow, we get extra credit." Morgie also had a project due today. So it was "Project Night." Travis had bishopric duties (he needs a better duty). So it was crazy last night. I had to get some pictures printed for her board because the ones I ordered online from CVS were messed up. They printed them incorrectly. It was a wild night, but at 10:45, Roz finished her project!! Now, I have a free weekend! She tested different bottled waters to see if there was much difference between them and tap water. The big difference was in pH. Tap water (actually any water taken from the Florida aquifer or springs) has a higher pH - more acidic and therefore, are "hard" waters. Processed waters such as Dasani, Aquafina, and Smart Water were slightly lower than neutral pH and are "softer." So there you have it. And here she is, happy that this mess is over!
Next on the list of show-and-tell is a pair of socks I just finished. They are not for me. I like the colors. They went really fast. I get my embroidery machine going and then I can knit at the same time!!
On Tuesday night, we had Morgan's band concert. It was a combined band/chorus concert and 3 girls from the ward were involved. It was Mutual night, so we just took the girls to the concert. It can be counted as a Personal Progress night!! Here is Morgan with her best buddies, Hannah and Sarah. Sarah and Hannah are in the choir. You have seen many pictures of Morgan with her sousaphone, so now you can rest assured that she still plays her tenor sax.
Here is a blurry picture of the Jazz band setting up or finishing, don't know which. It just gives you an idea of the look of it all. Morgan is standing in the front row.

That is all the news I have for today. I must get two finals written while I am home today!! I hope you are all having a great holiday. I am enjoying getting Christmas cards. That always makes me happy.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, sounds busy. I'm glad you are doing better now and that Roz got her project done. I don't look forward to that part of school for my girls. Morgie looks beautiful in her green dress.

Shoebox Princess said...

Have a nice sick day!

Morgan looks so grown up in the green dress and lovely hair!

You'll get my Christmas card next week.

Feel better!

Dennis said...

Sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.
Oh, it has warmed up to 6 deg. It was -4 this morning and Sunday may bring a big storm. Thank goodness the heater in my bus works well.
The girls are getting so grown up.

Love,
Dad

Morgan Smith said...

and just so u know my green dress is a symbol of my awesome musicianship. yay for symphonic band!

Fouquette Racing said...

Okay...what's "the last melon" about?