Monday, December 15, 2008

The last melon

Guess the movie and win a Christmas ornament made by me!!

The ward party is done and the ward Christmas program is done. I wasn't the choir director, but got hornswaggled into being the choir director and we did TEN songs! It was a lot of time and effort and a little nervousness, but everything went off without a hitch. There was one song the women sang and on Saturday morning, it was still hideous. We ran through it on Sunday morning and looked at each other and said, "How did that happen?" It was beautiful!! I'm always so glad (after the fact) that I participated.

We made 3 batches of Chex candy mix for Morgie and Rozzie's friends. Instead of buying each other their 1,679 friends a gift, they had out bags of candy and it is well received. So that is now checked off the list.

Morgie's English project is DONE and checked off the list.

It is our last week of school before break, so that is almost checked off the list. I'm feeling pretty good about Christmas. Now I just have to get over the cold. It has started to drip down my throat and make me cough my lungs out. My chest is sore this morning from coughing so hard last night.

Have a great week!!

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Do I have an unfair advantage? I can defer my winnings to the next poster (although I do love me some new Christmas ornaments) if there is a riot.

I know the movie because we say "the last melon" ALL the time. The movie has a name that is synonymous with MN weather today. "Ice Age"

I am glad for you that the ward Christmas party is over.

Jenni said...

You win! We say it all the time, too! Love that movie. Now I have to make you an ornament. I'm excited!

Jen said...

Awww, Sara beat me to it. However, I didn't know the answer anyway...LOL. Glad to hear that your program went well, but I'm sure you're happy to be done with it. Thankfully and sadly at the time, we'll be missing our program this Sunday because we're going to SD. I'm sad because it'd be cute to see Annie sing. But I'm also glad because then I won't have to go up in front of everyone now that I'm in Primary.

I love your idea of just giving out food to your kids' friends. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind once my girls are exchanging gifts with friends.

Jessie said...

Yeah, I didn't know the answer, either, but I really wanted the ornament. (for realsies)

The Chex Mix Gift was a good idea! Was it the sweet recipie with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar?? Bon's little sister is gluten-intolerant (meals around there can be a real hit or miss) and we just discovered that Rice Chex are now gluten-free, so we make the Muddie Buddies for every gathering. ...although...I'm usually the one that eats it ALL...

Mike said...

Actually, it is also from "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield in which RD and his son go back to college. In this movie, their last name is Melon, and his only son 'the last melon' goes through various adventures.
Mike