Friday, December 5, 2008

And now for the weekend follow-up

After the horrid morning I had on Wednesday, I thought I was clear for the next few weeks. But, no!! After 3:30 this Friday afternoon, one of my molars broke. I have been having problems for months and the pain was getting worse. I was looking forward to my dentist visit in January because it was just getting to ache all the time. Well, sure enough, after the dentist office closed for the weekend, a piece broke off. Some of the pain has lessened and I figured it was a pressure relief. Dr. Mike called me back and reassured me that I would live through the weekend. The tooth has a huge filling and my regular dentist has been telling me for years that it could crack, so this isn't a major shock. Dr. Mike also reassured me that this sort of problem usually occurs on Friday afternoon after the offices close. So, by Monday, I'm sure my tongue will be lacerated up real nice from the broken edge of the tooth. I'm feeling real confident right now as we go off for our monthly grocery shop!! My favorite thing!!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Isn't that the truth that major problems occur just after the place that can help you has closed for the weekend (or in the case of car damage, the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving when the offices will be closed until the next Monday).

Sorry to hear about your molar trouble and I will resist the urge to ask you to post a picture of the broken tooth.

Jen said...

I'm glad you got to talk to Mike a little bit about the dreaded tooth debacle. I hope he was able to help, since I had no idea what to tell.