Sunday, December 7, 2008

Please let this week be a better week!!

Last week was just one disaster after another. I'm hoping for a better week this week. And, I'm hoping for a few more comments. I know Sara has more friends, but I need some love!! Maybe a picture of a cute girl will help boost comments. This is Roz. Her ultra-cool hat was knit by her grandmother. Roz is suffering great sickness right now and she is cold and shivering. Travis is building a fire as I type (He is burning bits and pieces of the leftover hardwood floor). Roz was supposed to work like a fiend on her science fair project, but she just couldn't do it. She got a lot done, but it isn't finished. Oh well, a couple more days of work ahead.
So here is Trav putting in the LAST PIECE of the puzzle. Can you believe it? He has finished ALL the flooring!!! He still has the baseboards, including the caulking to do, but the floor is down and he is happy and I'm happy. We are all a little sick of the mess everywhere. Not only is it the actual "stuff" but also the saw out back with all the saw dust being tracked into the house. I'm so pleased with him and his stick-to-itivness!! Maybe some of my habits are rubbing off on him! He did a great job. It was very satisfying to him to put in the final piece. Hooray!!
I will call my dentist first thing in the morning. My broken tooth is driving my nuts and my tongue is all shredded. I can't wait to get this tooth fixed. Sara requested a picture, but they didn't come out too well. I'll see if my dentist can get me a good one!! Only two more weeks of school until another break. I'm very excited!! Christmas is getting done, slowly but surely. Hope you have a great week.

8 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Yay for the floor puzzle being all done! It's a long process, but very rewarding.

Roz's hat is berry cute! Hope she feels better. And I hope you get in to get your tooth fixed fast. And I only said I'd refrain from requesting a photo, but if the dentist comes up with a good one, I'll look at it.

Dennis said...

Many years ago my dad did some remodeling in our home. He added 4 ft to the bedroom and bathroom. It took 18 months to finish. It got finished that quick because our neighbor came over to the house and "caught" mom sitting on the throne (He was outside in the back yard and there was an "exposed" (pun intended) part of the bathroom. Congrats Travis on a job well done.
Great hat Rozzie. Too bad brother Mike can't work on the tooth. The tongue always goes right to the area in need of repair.

Jen said...

How exciting to see those floors finished. Yay!

I'm sorry to hear about Roz. I hope she's feeling better and that she gets her project done by the due date.

I keep forgetting to you add you to my google reader list (since you changed your address). I tend to not check blogs that aren't on my list. I'll go right now and do it.

Now stop feeling sorry for yourself for not getting enough comments. You get a lot of love from at least Sara and me:)

Rearun said...

When I was pregnant with Amanda, I happened to have a craving for the Rolos sitting in my freezer. As I was chewing away on one, I chomped on something hard. To my utter disgust, it was a tooth. My first reaction was EWWWW! Then I realized it was my own tooth and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't in pain. I immediately called my dentist, who happened to be examining Cory and one of my kids at the time (freaky coincidence). It turns out I hadn't broken a tooth after all; I had just popped out my crown. Fortunately, the dentist was able to put it back in and he was nice enough to not give me a hard time about eating frozen Rolos before lunch.

mastubz said...

Teeth, new floors and a sick kid - OH MY!! Nothing worse than a broken toof to drive you batty. Congrats to Trav for a job well done. What a pleasure to look at lovely wood floors. Does he hire out? Hope Rozzie is mending and keeping her bug to herself :)

TeamCar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TeamCar said...

*sigh.. for some reason today I cannot type to save my life. I hope Roz is feeling better, VERY cute hat. The flooring looks fabulous! Congrats to Trav for getting it done.

Hope your tooth is fixed now. Have a good week in spite of all the kerfuffles!

Hugs from all of us!

Mike said...

Sister,
I completed the butterfinger cookies and the girls did help. did you get your christmas chow mein done last night? Annie and Mimi sure liked eating the cookies too, I think they would have kept eating if I let them. I did catch Mimi licking the knife after covering a cracker, I dont know how many times she did this though.
Citizen