Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let Freedom Ring

I know that that is not a Christmas song; however, I am out of school for two weeks!! I have also survived the first half of the school year. That is a major feat for me. How many years left? Do I really have to keep doing this? I got a few teacher gifts and that was fun. Since I have felt better this week, it hasn't been so bad. I guess I can do it again in January.
This morning, we went and looked at a car for Morgan's use (notice how I didn't say a car for Morgan?) Really, it will be her car, but we still control it - you get my drift. It is a 2002 Honda Civic Coupe - silver. She couldn't be more excited. Travis' boss is selling it. It is a couple months before we anticipated buying a car, but it is the right car, right price, right person to buy it from. We'll work on it this week. Morgan asked if she could tell her friends. Being that I never call anything a done deal until it is a done deal, I told her she could say that we plan to buy it and it looks like we'll get it. Again, until it is parked in our driveway, nothing is for sure. We forgot to get a picture. Once it is ours, I'll post a picture. Travis was all worried about this being the right thing. My feeling is that we drove whatever we were given. This is a decent enough car - not new but not embarrassing - heck I was just happy to have something to drive. It is in our price range. Travis' knows his boss is meticulous with cars. So stop worrying and be done with it. he agreed!!

After having these beads for 2 years, I finally took 40 minutes out of my busy schedule and made the necklace and earrings. I have worn them 3 days in a row with different tops. I love them and feel very festive and happy. I love the peppermint earrings!!

Here are the girls with Santa at the ward party. At their ages, we are lucky to get this done, anymore. They are all happy to be out of school, done with projects and test, and they are ready to sleep in EVERY day of vacation. Happy Holidays!!!

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Very cute earrings! Very merry and all that.

I can't believe that Morgan is old enough for a car! ACK! When can she take her license exam? When she turns 16? SHE'LL BE DATING AGE! I'm glad we got very used cars for the kids. That way, dents and scratches (and orange duct tape on the roof) aren't a big deal.

Our ward Christmas party has been canceled because we have too much snow falling from the sky and the roads are bad.

Jessie said...

Congrats on making through the first half of the school year!!! I wish I got a Christmas break from MY job - but nooooo, the doc wants us to be there every day but Christmas. What a Scrooge!

The Christmas jewelry is very cute and festive!

Dennis said...

Surely Morgan can't be old enough for the use of wheels (but I guess she is). Old or not it is a car, presumably it runs decent enough and that's what matters.
Congratulations on making it through the first half of the school year. I'm sure you need the R & R.
Bad snow storm yesterday. Now it's just COLD.

Jake and Steph said...

Jen, now you get to think of all the things morgan's gonna do in the car with her friends while you don't know what's going on. Maybe she and her sisters will one day put their memoirs on paper and you can cross reference the dates to how you recall the events. Piece o' junk or not, havin' wheels is freedom. Kayla has just started asking us to sign her up for driver's ed. We think if you want to take driver's ed., sign yourself up. We'll pay, you do the work. It's an initiative thing. it's nice to have Steph off from school (as well as the kids). We are actually going to celebrate our 10th anniversary (on the date of our 11th anniversary) by going to Cancun, MX for a few days. Yeah, we missed doing something fun for our 10th last year. But 11 is better anyway. It's one more than 10.

Jen said...

Oh my, Morgan isn't old enough to drive, is she? It's so scary to think I've got all these young nieces and nephews out on the road. I'm sure Morgan will do great and is so excited that she can't think straight. That's how I was anyway.

Your necklace and earring are tres chic. I'm sure you get lots of compliments.