Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We don't need exotic trips, we already live in Florida!!

This morning, Rozzie commented that one of her friends is in Hawaii for Christmas. She did it in her typical teenage, ho-hum, can we go? voice. So I told her how all of you up north in this cold and snow you have been having, are probably so jealous that we LIVE in Florida and we are like on vacation every day of our lives. right. Jacksonville isn't really known as a great vacation location. (Hope you guys had a great trip to Hawaii!!)
So, back to Christmas decorations. My visiting teacher is the ward craft lady and she has a business making all these sorts of things. Each year she gives me something she has made and I just love it!! This first one is one she had for us to do at the Christmas Craft Day. It is quite big and I just loved the red/white. Extremely festive.
This little group of polar bears was this year's gift from Juanita. It is very adorable, as always. The candle is battery operated and so I won't forget to blow it out like the candle last year in the hurricane lamp. When Juanita does the Christmas Craft Day, she comes with everything all prepared and in separate bags and all organized. I needed some help with mine as I was teaching something else, or making something else, so Morgan did this one for me. She did a great job. Juanita said it was obvious I had my kids into crafts because Morgan was confident and didn't get distraught when things weren't perfect and actually thought she did a great job. I think she did a great job, too!

Another year it was the blue Santa which goes quite perfectly with all my "blue" Christmas decor. He has a little candle, also. Many of Jaunita's things come with a battery operated candle. And there is this little guy who sits on my piano. Juanita also brings the girls teddy bears with bows and baubles on them. It is so nice of her. Tomorrow, I'll post another gift she gave me last year. It is very WOW.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

They're all very cute, but my favorite is Blue Santa.

Jenni said...

He is rather cute!! I love them all and they make me happy, as do all my Christmas decorations.

Jen said...

Those are all adorable. My favorite is the red/white snowmen. Very cute.

Fouquette Racing said...

Love the 'baubles' bear. Merry Christmas Jen!