Saturday, November 29, 2008

Pictures of Thanks

We hope you all had yourselves fabulous Thanksgivings. Aside from being in Minnesota, ours couldn't have been better. We were invited to the Collard's for dinner. I made pies, rolls, deviled eggs, and Travis made the carrot souffle. Here is a picture of my cherry pie that I thought was very pretty. Here are the girls playing with the Bedazzler. McCall was very excited about it. They had a lot of fun Bedazzling t-shirts, flip flops, and a cast boot.
We were at Collard's until pretty late with one round of "Werewolves." There was a lot of talking and laughing. The kids all watched "The Notebook" and then laughed at the end when they were all crying. Here were are off to Kohl's on Black Friday. I don't really do the Black Friday thing, but we did have a couple of things to get. We did not get up early, I do that every day and I do not need to do that on vacation. I ended up getting more "around the house" things done. Note the Christmas decor on the counter. Yes, my friends, the flooring project has moved out the the main areas so I can decorate. We worked hard and have it all done. I knew that if it was left and we went back to school, it would not get done. Rozzie was a great decorator. I took pictures last year to remind myself where everything goes, so all I had to do was pull up the picture and tell Rozzie to recreate the picture and she was off!! Now we are a festive bunch. Here is Maddie helping Trav with the lights. She has fun doing this.

I have had a great vacation and accomplished much good. I did 7 portfolio items which was my goal. I have 26 more to do. *sigh* School is back in on Monday and there are only 15 more working days until Christmas break!! I think I can handle this! As a matter of fact, November 16 was my 1 year anniversary in my job. That was the day I took over the class and was expecting to work for 6 weeks. Who knew at that point that it would turn into a career! Not that I want a career. I still think of it as a job that can come and go - not permanent. It is how I cope. I hope you all had a great holiday break and got to enjoy family and friends and especially some good food!!

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Very pretty pie!

Glad to hear you got to play Werewolves again. I need to find a situation to play that again.

Dennis said...

The pie looks great. It would almost be ashamed to eat it but since cherry pie is my favorite I wouldn't have had a problem.

Dennis said...

I would not be ashamed to eat it but it would be a shame to destroy such a fine piece of art.

Jen said...

It looks like you had a busy but enjoyable break. Love that pie...it's a work o' art. I look at your girls and don't recognize them. They are not the little girls I still picture giggling so much at Lucy.

TeamCar said...

Fun... o btw... I went to visit your old blog.. and realized it was old!!! I had to update links and such!

Glad you had a Happy Thanksigving. That pie makes me wanna go make one and eat it. Mine would never turn out that cool looking. I am SO not domestic.