Saturday, April 24, 2010

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory

Just as promised, here is a picture of Maddie in her starring role as and Oompah Loompah at Paterson Elementary's presentation of "Willy Wonka". This particular scene is the closing number with all the OLs out on stage. Maddie was in the "Mike Tevee" scene. She was really excited about the play until it came up that she'd be wearing a green wig. To add insult to injury, goggles were included into her scene. The play was really good. They always do such a grand job and I'm always amazed at the performance Mr. Gould can pull out of these children. The play ran Thursday and Friday evenings with a Saturday matinee.
Here is a good look at Maddie and her outfit! She didn't want any pictures with the wig, but I felt that as her mother, I was entitled to a few. She liked the socks just fine. The costumes were rented so she didn't get to keep any of this and I didn't have to sew it either!!
Good job, Missie Pie!! Enjoy the cast party!Here is an update on my tomatoes. There are lots of flowers and two tomatoes. I am so proud of them and I love them with all my heart. I hope there will be more. This one in the foreground is about an inch in diameter. The one in the back is about a half an inch.
We finally got around to planting the hay bale garden and it looks rather nice. It grows mushrooms easily, so lets hope it grows vegetables! The garden gets a lot of attention and love. We haven't had much rain, though. it looks rather like August here.
Last weekend was the Annual Young Women Fundraiser Dessert Auction. I made this beauty. I think it was picked up for $40. People are on a big budget these days. I thought it turned out pretty good for someone who still doesn't know what they are doing with fondant and the fondant really doesn't work out. I can still eke out a little something from the mess I make. I think this cake really speaks to who I am. I like the colors and design. The little marbles around the edge are always my favorite.

4 comments:

TeamCar said...

Yay Maddie! The wig didn't look that weird at all... those Oompa Loompas were the star of the show anyway in the movie... well, the one with Johnny Depp in it.

Loved the cake too!

Shoebox Princess said...

Congratulations to Maddie on a performance well done, I'm sure! Did she like being on stage?

Lovely tomatoes and garden and cake (cake was prettiest though)!

Mike said...

My tomatos froze two nights ago, I have to start over. And they were covered too. You made a cake out of fondue?
Concerned Citizen

Jen said...

Aww, how fun for Maddie. What a fabulous cake!

Mike will sure be jealous of your 'maters since he's killed all his plants (again after I reminded him what happened last year when he put them out too early).