Thursday, April 1, 2010

What, This is Bad?

I love the blog "Cakewrecks." I read/look everyday. Well...today they posted April Fool's Day cakes and started out with this:For a full write-up, check out this link: www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com It is a very funny site or I wouldn't check it everyday. Back to the sandwich loaf...My mom made the best sandwich loaves and we had them at every single graduation party in my very large extended family. The cream cheese was always dyed the school colors of the graduating senior. Our family expected sandwich loaves and fought over the discarded crusts. Can that many people be wrong?

I saw this and had to laugh and really wanted to call my sister, from the Shoebox Castle, but my students were coming back from lunch in mere minutes and I knew that this conversation would need more time to consider the depth of this faux pas.

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

I saw Cake Wrecks today too and thought "What is wrong with sandwich loaf?!?!?" I have tried and tried to get Mom to make some for various parties but she won't. Hers always looked better than that picture, which I can see people not eating.

Dang students who get in the way of sister-to-sister phone calls!

Jenni said...

Yes, Mom did not slather the whole thing with cream cheese and flowers, rendering it more appetizing than this picture.

Mike said...

Yes, I read the hay bale garden write up and am interested. I probably wont do it here since i have actualy dirt to plant in but I am always interested in new techniques. Good to see the girls getting involved in the project, I bet they will be good at it.
Citizen