Monday, April 5, 2010

The Olympics

Maddie's sixth grade FINALLY had their Greek Olympics. They were supposed to happen during the Olympic Olympics but it was too cold. Then it was supposed to be on my birthday, but rain was in the forecast (and in actuality) and Maddie had shingles, so it was postponed March 31. Maddie was over her pain and agony and was able to participate. She took her camera and then some others sent me some pictures since I was working. Maddie was asked to design the flag for the entire ceremony!! She was very pleased with the honor. She drew it all up and then asked me to do my graffiti for "Mount Olympus."
Next, she was chosen in her class to design the class flag!! Her class' color was white and they were the Minotaurs (obviously).
She participated in the chariot race and the fox-tail toss. She placed 1st in the fox-tail toss by about a centimeter. Here she is atop the podium.
In other feats of Olympic proportion. Morgan finished her 2nd pair of socks. She is becoming an adept knitter. She finished these and was immediately hunting for a new project (pictures forthcoming). I have an Olympic sized list of things to accomplish over Spring Break. The first was to paint Rozzie's room. her quilt will be done any moment. I was able to get the painting done in one day. I am quite pleased with that. The complete transformation will take more time. once we have the quilt we can start working on other parts of her room - like where to put the trash can. Right now, you can see the big mess that is left.
She has been throwing things away for three days and we are still finding more that can be discarded. It is a cleansing process. We will be painting flowers and paisleys on the wall to match the quilt. I bought some paper lanterns at Target about a year ago that will be hung over the bed. Other than that, her room will remain the same size with the same furniture. Here is a better shot of the bluish color. We like it lots!!
Now on to my next project!! And I'm back an hour later with a picture of the ring I just made! I have had these beads sitting here since January and now I have a pretty ring for the summer! Another project checked off my Spring Break List! And a lot of exclaimation points!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Nice tons and bunches of pictures!

Congratulations to Maddie on her Olympic successes! And I'm glad to hear that the shingles bout is nearly over.

Nice socks, Morgan!

Have fun finishing Rozzie's room. That is quite a big project.

Lovely ring!

TeamCar said...

Fun! That ring totally rocks!

Glad Maddie is feeling better...

Love ya...

Jen said...

What an honor for Maddie! I always loved our track and field days at the end of the school in elementary school. Glad Maddie is feeling better and can get back to school.

Awesome socks, Morgan! Looks like you have the crafty talent bug like your mom.

Of course, I love the color of Rozzie's room. Can't wait to see the final transformation.

Cool ring. So appropriate for spring and summer.