Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Music Man, Prom, Graduation, Medieval Times, and St. Augustine

Many moons ago, Morgan participated in the school's play, "The Music Man." she had a very small role at the end of the show in the band, playing the tuba. She didn't have to do much acting as she marches in a band and plays the tuba. She loved her few minutes in the play and had a blast (really good pun!). I finally got some decent pictures of it.
Here is the whole band, and if you can see, Morgan is laughing her head off and her mouth is wide open.
Here is Morgan's final band concert of the year and Morgan is playing her trombone solo in the jazz band. She is right in the middle of the picture. I like how Mr. Creswell is standing off to the side and the look on his face is funny. He doesn't look angry or bored, but maybe discontented. Morgan said that is just how he looks as they play unless he is directing in his jazz directing way. They did a great job. Last week, I had the opportunity to go to the Prom. Travis and the girls were in Pensacola, so i went with My co-worker, Heather. We had a very nice time. I always enjoy going and seeing my students looking so fine! Here we are with my student, James. He is the one who likes The National Geographic magazines and one time, when I put my hand on his desk to talk to him, he felt all my finger nails. He is adorable and he wore black Converse shoes with orange laces and he looked AMAZING at the Prom.
While I was at the Prom, Travis and the girls were at Ashley's graduation from the University of West Florida in Pensacola. Here is Grandma, Ashley, and Trav.
Here is the whole gang. Shan and Mikkyn came from Texas with their 4 kids; Mom and Dad came from Utah; Annette is next to Ashley; and the rest is my family. The girls had a great time playing with the little cousins and being their best friends. I have no idea where Maddie is in this picture. I just realized she is missing!
Yesterday, Maddie and the rest of the 6th grade went to Medieval Times in Orlando. Another mom took a lot of pictures. Maddie had been looking forward to this for a very long time. Both sisters had gone and raved about how fun it was, so she knew that it was going to be the best day ever. Here she is with her group, hamming it up!!
While Maddie was at Medieval Times, Travis and I took the day off to take Mom and Dad to St. Augustine for a little lunch and shopping. They loved the old city. This is Trav and the folks with Flagler College in the background.

It was a hot day. We ate at the Columbia which is a Spanish/Cuban restaurant and it was so wonderful!! Come visit us and we'll go there!! We walked around the old city and did some shopping. Trav and I finally got numbers for the house. We had gutters put on last year before we did the hardwood and the gutters covered the house numbers! We have never rectified the problem and people have commented. So we finally did that!! I'll get a picture and post it!! We looked at lots of fun things like shells, earrings, t-shirts, etc. We had such a nice time with Mom and Dad on this visit. We are so glad they came!! They left this morning and are on their way back to Utah.

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Lots of fun pictures!

Can I feel your fingernails too? I used to like to feel mom's.

I was going to start complaining really loudly about the lack of numbers on your house, but now that you've rectified it, I won't have to.

Word ver: toter Have you toted many things lately?

Laura Copeland said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun time with your family. I know they enjoyed coming, too. You certainly have kept running lately, right?!

Jen said...

Wow, busy times! Looks like y'all had such a good time.