Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Some R&R at Sea Island

This is something I have been looking forward to for a long time. Third quarter at school is 12 weeks long and it can get to feeling pretty long. My students seem to have bought in to the whole "full moon" thing and were just falling off the deep end last week. Luckily, Travis had this convention for the Georgia Port Authority at Sea Island, Georgia at The Cloister. We came here two years ago. This time I made sure to have all three days off from school and didn't feel one bit guilty about it. I brought my scrapbook stuff, knitting, a book, and my laptop! I forgot until this morning that I was going to do my school class each day. I'm taking classes to obtain the training I must have to teach "English Speakers of Other Languages." Since I have 4 students classified as ESOL, I must have 300 hours of training. What luck. Anyway, I forgot about it yesterday and must attend to it today.

The food here is beyond good. Travis is in meetings or golfing all day, so I just do whatever I want to!! Here is me at the opening reception. They had tables set up from different countries around the world and served a few dishes from each country. I loved the curry chicken from India and the pork from Germany. I didn't even go to the good ol' US of A. Also, the French table had pastries and the lemony pastries were just what I could have asked for.
This is a little view of our room. The window there opens to our balcony which overlooks the river. I'll have to get a picture from the balcony.
I like this long hallway. If my camera were better, it would be a rather artsy photo.
This is the lobby. I love the woodwork of the ceiling, although you can't see it so well from the picture. I'll have to get close ups of the ceilings they are magnificent.
Yesterday I went to yoga which kicked my hinder. It was a 90 minute class and she worked on completely different things than my usual classes work on. My feet are even sore. But I like that! The walk over to the spa is very pretty and there are these koi on both sides of the bridge. I love how they look with their mouths open. They are fun to watch.
Then this is the spa entrance. ahhhh. The pool is quite a sight to see, it doesn't even look like a pool should be in that room.

So, today is rainy and I might not get out on a walk. Travis is supposed to golf this afternoon and we'll see if he chances it in the rain. I don't care if it is raining because I'll just be here in the room enjoying the quietude.

Now for some school work - see, it isn't all fun and games.

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Very jealous!!!

Poor hinder!

Good luck on your homework. It's too bad you have any at all to have to worry about it on vacation.

TeamCar said...

Sounds so lovely. I always wish for quietude!!! With the boys as noisy as they are... THAT almost never happens, UNLESS they are eating, sleeping or outside playing!

Have fun !

Jen said...

It looks like such a beautiful retreat. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to get away sans kids. I'm so envious because I don't think we'll ever be able to do that. EVER.