Monday, February 15, 2010

How we spent our weekend

It is my favorite time of year - although this time of year only comes every two years. That is right, it is The Olympics. I have always loved the Olympics. I love everything about them and can watch almost any sport and become quite emotional over the outcome of the combined Nordic event. I am proud to say that my daughters have learned to share in this love. We all like this little guy and think he is adorable:They love short track speed skating. The biathlon was watched with great interest, even if we didn't at first understand the rules. I'll post this here because my Shoebox counterpart posts funny things here kids say and we love Rozzie just the way she is. As I said, we were watching the biathlon which combines cross country skiing with shooting. Roz walked up and said, "So they ski and then shoot each other?" Hmmm...

This is how I spent the weekend. You can see purple yarn entwined in my fingers and that is the sweater I am knitting. I am getting close to being done with the two fronts (back is done)!!
We moved the purple chair in and its accompanying foot rest so that we all had a spot to lounge. Rozzie also spent much of the day yesterday sewing her quilt and she finished the top!! She did not enjoy doing it, but she did it anyway and will pass off a Personal Progress Value Project!! She is proud of it and likes it and will be happy when we redecorate her room!

Maddie and Trav snuggled up on the recliner to watch the Olympics and look at stuff of the computer. Maddie fell asleep in her chair each night. Trav went to bed earlier than the rest of us.

Morgan loves the Olympics for a variety of reasons. Her favorite aspect would have to be the clothes, though. She loves the "moose" hats worn by the Americans. She also happens to love everything worn by the Canadians. She would love to marry a Canadian and move to Canada. She spent a lot of time researching where to buy hats, scarves, and mittens. All are very important parts of the Floridian's wardrobe.


Critterwatch Update: 2 raccoons and 2 possum. We need to take a break from trapping so the last couple raccoons will be interested in the marshmallows again.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

I also love the Olympics. Apolo Ohno's (if you spilt his last name you have oh no!) silver in the 500m was spectacular. He really got lucky when those Koreans crashed, otherwise he would have been out of the medals.
I'm working on a family history project for my good friend Jamie (he doesn't know about it). He is 6 months older than me but celebrated his 50th wedding anniv last month.
On other old news, Sharon will be eligible for Social Security benefits in April.
Give the girls a hug and kiss from me.

Shoebox Princess said...

First of all my word verification is deriest, as in I am your deriest (deariest) sister, am I not?

I admire your love for the Olympics. I am not that fanatic, but if it's on, I do find myself wrapped up in it. Jim likes it and the little kids like it too. I like all the cowbell ringing during the races outside. We think that the US mogul jumpers' uniforms look like pajamas. Hayley thinks that the ice skaters look like turtles when they sit 'n spin.

I love the funny things kids say. That's the other reason why I had kids (the main reason being so they could clean up after themselves).

TeamCar said...

I remember watching the Olympics when they were on tv as a kid. Now that I am older, we are so busy with so many things. I just can't sit and watch TV for that long without doing something with my hands. Like scales. Yeah, I know I am nuts. I used to hate to practice piano.. but I have other instruments that I need to pay attention to. We record pretty much everything we watch.. perhaps I should get my handy dandy programming husband to record the events I like. Biathlon is one of my favs...

Lots of hugs from us to you!

Jen said...

We, too, love the Olympics here and to watch just about any sport that's on except the Ice Dancing because that is just wrong. Mike LOVES curling and is already plotting with his buddy how they could be ready for the next Oly trials.

Definitely post pictures of Rozzie's quilt. Is a there a future talented quilter in the Smith home?

Poor Morgan! She definitely has that Minnesotan blood running through her veins. I, on the other hand, think how glad I am that I get to be warm in my home and not in those strange and tight outfits freezing my hiney off.