Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Sister's New Year's Resolutions

The Shoebox Princess and I used to share our clothes. We didn't have much in the way of money and if you shared some outfits with your sister and your mother, then it seemed like you had more. And we were fine with it. I also shared a car with my sister. We got in a few arguments over it, but we were sisters. That is part of the job description. Now, many years later, I am borrowing her New Year's Resolutions. Don't worry, I'm going to give them back. Let's see how I'm doing this year:

1. Voice my opinion, don't be such a wallflower. Well I'm not much of a wallflower, but I do voice my opinion and it gets me in a bit of trouble. It isn't my fault that others make foolish decisions. I'm actually voicing my opinion less frequently and enjoying watching and listening to people say and do stupid, nonsensical things. Then I privately laugh at them. (Shhh, Don't tell)

2.
Be more efficient and less lazy. I'm not saying that I'm lazy, I'm just less efficient. Working full-time has truly ruined my life and I don't suggest it to anyone contemplating it, unless, of course, you must provide for your family. I don't have time to do anything anymore. I didn't make dinner because I wasn't home, not because I was lazy. I didn't clean the floor because I wasn't home. If you want something to eat, make it. I already get up at 4:45 everyday and oftentimes (most times) I don't get something thrown in the crockpot and I don't have time to do it the night before. So there.

3.
Sustain my belief system. I am glad I can teach Rozzie and Maddie's Sunday School class. I do like kids. I am also still working on reading the Old Testament. When I am done, I'll have read all 4 standard works in the past something many years, cover to cover. It was a goal. I have done pretty good.

4.
Add more strength exercise to my exercise routine. That is why I do yoga. Now I just need to do it more often, I'd love to add a weight routine, but with wanting to walk and do yoga, something has to give and if it is between dinner and weights, dinner wins.

5.
Sew up the bathrobe. OH!!! Hey, I'm good on this one cuz I'm not sewing a robe!! I'm just wearing old sweatshirts!

6.
Focus on the kids. I try to help them with homework and keeping on top of their grades. It wears me out. I am able to spend time with them in the car driving them to dance and violin. I hope that counts. I see Morgan often and talk to her. We laugh a lot.

7.
No freaking out. I freak out quietly these days. I'm just too tired to freak out and stuff will just continue to happen anyway. I think I'm good with this one.

8.
Practice piano. Whew!! I don't play the piano so I'm good here!!

9.
Homework. I am almost done with my ESOL class (the first 2 of 4). What a pain in the butt. But, I am staying on top of it and will have it complete and earn my 300 hour endorsement so that I am qualified to teach English Speakers of Other Languages.

10.
Exercise. Fail.

So there you have it. that is how I am doing on my sister's New Year's Resolutions!! Thanks Princess!!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm glad we can share things, including resolutions!

You're lucky you don't have to practice piano!

And I think you've done enough quilting in recent years to equal several bathrobes. Scrapbooking counts too.

TeamCar said...

Excellent resolutions... I have to think about mine... When do I have time for that? lol