Saturday, May 2, 2009

Simply Saturday

I'm going to take a page from my sister's blog (the Shoebox Princess) and just make a list. I haven't posted in a while. Thanks for all your comments and support regarding my hate mail. We still get plenty of laughs out of it. I feel I have gotten a lot accomplished and am giving myself the rest of Saturday off to go upstairs and work on Morgan's scrapbook. Here is what I have done this week:

1. I did all my ESOL homework, even though I had an angry attitude about being asked how my class incorporates other cultures. I teach a British Lit and an American Lit class. We aren't bringing other cultures in! I talked about how British Lit is a culture all in itself. Sometimes we talk about the French or Spanish, though. Does that count? My class doesn't seem to care that I'm Scottish/Swedish/German-American. They haven't addressed my cultural needs. I could go on for hours.

2. I finished knitting the back of a sweater. It looks great and like it might fit!! I absolutely love the colors.

3. I went to a band concert. Morgan's bands did very well and I enjoyed it immensely.

4. I remembered to bring home my big paper so I can get Travis started on drawing pictures for me for camp.

5. I went to a Stampin' Up class and made a paper bag photo album that is cuter than cute.

6. I went to a National Scrapbook event last night and got Morgan's book caught up to Marching season. I will go work on that in a minute.

7. I started my May dishcloth; however, the poster-lady posted day 1 for day 2 so I need to keep waiting.

8. We made it to all violin and dance lessons this week.

9. I made dinner 4 times this week.

10. I got up and went to school every day.

11. I just went grocery shopping and saved $22 with coupons. Rozzie and Maddie were helpful shoppers.

12. I read my scriptures every day.

13. I made my bed everyday.

That is good enough. I feel better now and can go and play upstairs without guilt. I'll take my laptop and watch a movie!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Yeah, lists are a good way to post stuff.
1. Good for you.
2. Again, good for you. I need a picture though. Watch my blog for a picture of Hayley's completed shrug (whatever).
3. Music is good. Morg's bands are good.
4. Again, picture please when it is done. Travis is a good drawist.
5. I r jealous
6. Yay for fun and getting things done!
7. No kidding! What's up with that?
8. Whew!
9. Major standing ovation!
10. I bow before you.
11. Money, money, money!
12. Good girl
13. Ditto!

Word verification: upill. Don't you feel like all you do is go "upill" sometimes? There is no coasting in life if you want to get anything done.

Jessie said...

Very impressive! I would love to see pictures of pretty much all of the items!

Jen said...

I got to see part of the sweater you're knitting, and it looks great so far. Can't wait to see it all finished. I'd also like you to take a detailed picture of your SU! project. Pretty please! And a national scrapbooking event. That sounds way cool. I'd love to go to something like that even though my scrapbooking has gone by the wayside.

Don't even get me started on the cultural diversity inclusion into your curriculum. I had classes in college that required me to do the same thing. Let's see, I guess I could make up some story problems using ethnic names even though when I actually taught high school math the Trig and Precalculus classes really didn't do story problems anymore. What a joke!