Friday, May 15, 2009

Not Quite Wrecktastic

I took the day off today to embellish The Cake. I didn't even care that I had this monumental task ahead of me - I was home by myself!! I kneaded fondant and danced around to "Wicked" which I think I listed to the whole CD 3 1/2 times today!! LAAA-LA-LAAA-LA!! So, I mixed and kneaded and colored and rolled. Here is a photo journey:

At this point it was time to take the cake to the clubhouse and set it up. Lani and Chantal came and helped me. Lani was really excited about how it looked. I am of two minds. On one hand, this is my first time doing anything like this, so it did turn out really cool and no one knew the difference. On the nother hand, I have seen the professional ones and I know the possibilities and I am frustrated at my inability to reproduce it, perfectly. So, I know there are flaws. Just be impressed with what I was able to do, thank you. Anyway, I have the picture of me with the cake first, then afterwards are the close up shots of some of the fun details. I really liked the little "pebble" border. The bow turned out decently. From across the room, it looked fabulous. Now, here is a picture of Rozzie, Maddie, Chloe, and Hannah dancing the "Hoedown Throwdown."I'm not including any other pictures of McCall's party as those are hers to share. I took a ton of pictures and will give her the CD's. We had a great time. Happy Birthday, McCall!!

6 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Not at all wrecktastic! You did a great job on it! Really and truly it looks fabuloso!

Jen said...

Yowzers! That is some cake. It turned out awesome. I'm very impressed and think it definitely ranks up there with the pros.

Tina Johnson said...

love the cake!

TaterBean said...

WOW! That's awesome! I totally love the cake!! Tell my mom that she needs to make a cake like that for me!

Dennis said...

Wow, that's a masterpiece.

Tosha said...

Who cares about the bridge builders. . .let's give it up for the cake builders! Helloooo, who are you. How did you do that, are you on the food network? I heard they have some scouts out looking for fabulous mothers who do stuff like you!! WOW is what I have to say.