Sunday, October 2, 2011

Memories of a September Past

September is now over. It passed in a flash and was gone. Our days are very full. Everyone sleeps pretty solidly at night. No insomnia here. We are all looking forward to our little vacation out to Utah to see Morgan march in at BYU's homecoming.

Last weekend, Rozzie and Maddie went to the temple with the youth in our ward. There are three boys missing, but this is it for our youth. We are bottom heavy in Beehives and Geek-ons. They always have a good time on these trips.
Last weekend's game at The Bolles School was a disappointing loss. This week, we played at home against our in-county rivals, Orange Park. We beat them soundly. There was a flyover with two small acrobatic planes and they both took a solo pass over the stadium. Then they came over together and crossed right over the middle of the field. They were flying very low and VERY close as they passed. So close, in fact, that the crowd gasped. I gasped!! I was sure there was to be an accident. It shocked all my cheerleaders. They came running up to me asking, "Was that supposed to happen like that?" Like I had the answer. It was too close for our comfort. However, I love this picture!! All these girls are my favorites: Cheerleaders and Dance Team!! (And Swoopette)Saturday brought the Green Cove Springs Soul Food Festival and parade. Maddie had her first experience marching and found it to be harder than it looks. She had a good time. The weather was really nice.


Patrick got his "fuzzy dice" removed (as the vet put it) on Friday, so he was inside all day yesterday. He has never witnessed the new washing machine in action. He was spellbound. We found this very funny.


It is General Conference weekend which always gives me a great excuse to slow down and stay home. I didn't completely stay home yesterday, but I did watch both Saturday sessions. Maddie had friends here to tie-dye shirts. Rozzie and I decorated for Halloween. So things got done and I still stayed home. I was actually more productive yesterday than I have been in a few months, so it seemed. I didn't know if I'd even get decorations out this year, but the girls love it, I love it, and even Travis loves it. Today I get to watch conference and KNIT!!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

1. Time is going really fast, I agree. I hope you have massive amounts of fun visiting with Morgan!

2. Cool story about the flyover!

3. Poor Patrick!

4. Love the nickname "fuzzy dice!"

5. Also love General Conference, being productive, and HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS!

Laura Copeland said...

These are the type of family events that you will forget if you don't record them, and they are priceless! I hope you have a wonderful time seeing Morgan. Please say "hello" from the Copelands. We always think we see her when they pan the band. It is pretty easy when she is holding up that big tuba. The band is great!!!!

Jen said...

Thats nice for you and Rozzie to spend time at the temple. I look forward to doing that day with my girls one day when they are finally in YW.

Fuzzy dice...haha...I had a good laugh at that one. Patrick looks like he's taking it well.