Sunday, October 9, 2011

Coming Home!!

I don't have much time to write as we have a plane to catch in a little while. But I wanted to get the first half of pictures posted from our BYU Homecoming trip. We got in on Wednesday and went straight to Provo to visit Morgan. We went and had dinner in the Cannon Center and met many of her friends. She is pretty happy here! This is Morgan's dorm door. We were able to visit her room as it was "visiting hours". Rozzie and Maddie each spent a night with Morgan and went to classes with her.
It was cold and rainy/snowy. We were there for the first snow of the season. Once the clouds lifted, the mountains looked so pretty!!

We went out to dinner one night with Morgan's boyfriend, Bradford. He is a very nice young man and they seem to have fun together. Katie joined us for a few minutes, too. So much fun to see her!! I think they like being in Provo together.


Travis was able to take some time to visit his friends Al and Lael. Eric was there, too. They were friends from Minnesota, when they were all just little boys!

Saturday morning was cold and drizzly, but we went to watch the parade!! As the band came around the corner, I got tears in my eyes. I'm such a wimp.

We were set up at the beginning of the parade. After the band and a few other groups passed, we started the hike across campus to the end of the parade. This was taken at the end. I really like this picture of Morgan and her fellow sousaphonists.

We got some nice pictures at the end, too.

Grandma and Grandpa came up from Hurricane to see Morgan march. This was really fun to have them there.

These girls were so happy to be back together for a bit.

Towards the end of the parade, Grandpa had a little fun!!


Lucky for you, this isn't the end of the pictures. I'll post again as soon as possible. It was BYU homecoming this week; Fleming Island next week.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

That is great that you all got to go out to UT to see Morgan perform. I'm glad Katie stopped by.

I wish we'd get some cold weather here.

Jake and Steph said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! While it was cold and rainy there, warm and 80 here with beautiful fall colors. It's great to see pics of Morg in her BYU getup. I'm a wimp for good music and marching as well despite how much I hated it when I did it. Anywho, fun pics, thanks.

Tina Johnson said...

looks like a fun trip! So glad Morgan is loving school!

Jen said...

Wow, what an adventure for Roz and Maddie to visit their big sis at college and to get to go to classes with her for a day. I would have totally loved that at their ages. How fun that you finally got to see Morgan in person doing her thang in the band. I'm sure it was such a cool experience.