Sunday, September 18, 2011

Are You Ready for some FOOTBALL???

We are well into football season!! YAY!!!! Here are my cheerleaders in a pyramid at our pep rally!! Go Eagles.
At that same pep rally, Rozzie and her dance team performed. Roz is so thrilled to be able to do a headstand now. Last year she was unable to hold a headstand and I worked with her a lot this summer on it. She practiced and was able to do it well enough to be put in a headstand for the dance. Notice the girl in the front in the hand stand. She can hold it forever. I marked Roz with her name, but it is hard to see. I have since figured out how to change from "pen" to "paint brush" as you will see on the next pictures.

That same night, I got this shot of the dance team on the field. Roz is more identifiable.

Tuesday night took us down to Green Cove Springs Junior High to watch the Cougars and listen to the Cougar Band. They are a small band by what we are used to up north, but it is what we have and they love what they do. I like it when they play, "I Got A Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas. Go Cougars!!


Here is a close up of Maddie playing the trumpet!! She really likes this.

Last night was the BYU/Utah game. We won't talk about the score and the horrors that unfolded on the gridiron. However, this was Morgan's first time marching on the field at LaVell Edwards Stadium in uniform. We talked to her today and got a full run-down of the day. She loved it. She was very excited and she reported being a little nervous. She loved the largeness of it all and had a fun time at the game. Go Cougars!!

Morgan's cousin, Katie, went to the game and took these great pictures for me. I have promised to knit her something. She was fortunate to be sitting on the side closest to Morgan, too. What a fun experience for Morgan to have, despite the horrible, worst-ever game.

This is a shot of the half-time performance. Both the BYU and Utah bands were on the field in a show of unity or something.



Morgan reports liking school and being happy. She is very glad to be out doing something different from Florida. She likes meeting new people and going to her fantastic religion classes. And she is happy to still be marching. One funny note: Morgan wore the same marching shoes from 8th grade through 12th grade. Her feet never grew. We got our money's worth out of those $20 shoes. She had to buy new white shoes at BYU. I guess she had earned it!!


Trav is headed back to Toronto this week. Wish I could go.

6 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Fun pictures of all your girls in their various performance modes! I liked that you labeled Roz, because I can never find her.

Are you gonna take videos of Morg when you go out for homecoming? I would love to see the coalescing of formations.

I'm also glad Kate was able to help you by obtaining prompt and necessary photos of Morgan on the field.

And yay for new marching shoes!

Laura Copeland said...

Just because you had girls didn't keep you away from going to lots of ballgames, did it?! Hah! Anyway, it is wonderful that your girls are so involved in so many activities--plus be so smart in school, too. That is such a blessing!

Dennis said...

As I said on fb I only watched the first half of the game but I did watch all of half time in the hopes of seeing Morgan but alas there were no shots of the band. Thanks to Katie I got to see her though.
It sounds like Morgan is in complete heaven out there.
I love the pics of Roz and Maddie too.

Jake and Steph said...

Did Morg happen to step in any of the puke BYU football left on the field. Bummer of a game. Turned it off after ESPN2 decided that highlights from other games were more important than Morgan's 1st home marching experience. Congrats Morgan!

Jen said...

Such a fun picture of the cheerleaders in their pyramid. Roz sure looks like she having fun and more grown up. Wow!

How cool that Kate was able to get some shots of her cousin Morgan on the field for the first time. I'm sure Morgan will really cherish those pictures. From what I can see, she looks so poised and confident. Can't wait to see more in the future from her.

TeamCar said...

I love the pictures and all the good times.

Its amazing to me how fast time is flying. Already we will be in October. I am glad your girls, you and Trav are doing well.

Hooray for FOOTBALL!