Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Amazing Aging Trick - by Rozzie

She went to the orthodontist on Thursday:
And came out looking older and more mature. She has never smiled as much as she did on Thursday.

The weekend we were out at BYU for homecoming, it was cold and rainy/snowy. That was not the perfect weather for the annual BYU blue foam slip and slide. They saved it for the next week and Morgan (of course) got in on the action. Still no picture of Morgan studying or in class. I'm assuming it happens, though.

We got home from Utah just in time for Fleming Island homecoming. It was "Hero" week. The day devoted to "Storybook Hero" produced about 500 students of Hogwarts. I love this picture of Roz. It shows a side of her in school that is rarely seen. I love the passion and excitement in this picture. I sometimes wonder if she knows she isn't really Bellatrix.

Parade-time came up and it was a little different this year. I had to monitor my cheerleaders. I was able to see Rozzie and her dance team off, though. The were firemen and had a truck for the seniors to ride on. Rozzie and Nora were thrilled to carry the banner.


My cheerleaders chose an angel theme. Their float was so pretty!! I rode on the very back of it, all hidden. It was kindof fun!!

After the parade, we have a big pep rally called Gold Rush in the stadium. These are my cheerleaders performing. I love this shot - it is a good action shot.

I was so happy to have homecoming out of the way - very stressful. It is such a fun week, but there is something to do everyday and then the added stress of both cheerleaders and dance team performing, I was so tired by the end of the week!!


Shortly after accepting the coaching position, I had a thought to have a "Pink Out" game in October, like the NFL does, only just one game. I approached the vice principal about it and he thought that would be fine. I promised the cheerleaders and dance team would perform together. Then I notified the football boosters of our plan. I never followed up with them, but when I showed up at the game Thursday night, the team was decked out in pink socks and undershirts. It was announced in school and fans showed up in pink. The cheerleaders and dance team sold pink spirit beads and pink ribbon face tattoos. It was really exciting too look around and see my idea work out so nicely.


It just so happened that the Pink Out was also Junior High Band night. It was so exciting to see Maddie march out on the field!! She enjoyed sitting with the band up in the stands and playing a few songs with them. It was known all around that she was Morgie's sister!!


I had ordered the cheerleaders and dancers pink poms for the night. Swoopette was thrilled that I had an extra pair for her!! My mascots are doing such a great job this year.

Rozzie smiled all night - showing off her bracelessness. People were pretty impressed that the cheerleaders and dancers performed together. They looked really good - all 42 of them out there. They learned the dance in just 2 days. It was pretty simple - with that many dancers it had to be. It was a great way to show support for the cause. All the money made from the sale of beads and tattoos will be donated to the Susan G. Komen society for breast cancer awareness/search for the cure.


Friday was a planning day and I was able to go to work and WORK for about 7 hours. I holed up in my room. I had been looking forward to that day for so long and now it is done. This morning I proctored ACT exams. work work work... It is a surprise to think that the school year that just started is already 1/4 done. The time between now and Christmas always goes so fast. That is a good thing!!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Congratulations to Rozzie on getting her braces off! What a joyous occasion!

You have been through a whirlwind of activity lately, it seems! Lucky there are pictures so you can relive and enjoy when things settle down a little. Very cool that your suggestion was put into practice with so many organizations.

I really do like seeing my nieces in pictures.

Jen said...

Rozzie looks gorgeous with her new smile. Not that she wasn't before, but now she really sparkles. Looks like busy times for you and the family. Take a break and come visit the farm soon. Plus, I'm all for giving up an acre or two to have you guys come be our neighbors. That would be awesome!