Monday, May 31, 2010

Just for the Record

Trav wanted everyone to know how much he loves three-day weekends. I agree with him!!

We have had a busy three-day weekend celebrating Rozzie's 14th birthday. However, I must first post a picture of Morgan's hat. She knit two of these. The pattern is call "The Jayne Hat" and the hat is from a certain TV sci-fi show that Sara would now. Yes, Sara, we have the pattern. Morgan did it in her favorite colors and in the process, she learned how to make a pom-pon.

Rozzie finally turned 14. She was one of the last holding out with 13 while all her friends went to church dances and all that. We had some friends over for a taco dinner and she opened her presents of a little purse (from Ewings), new sock yarn, a mini hair straightener, and a new phone. She is very happy to have texting privileges, although they can be rescinded.
Today is Memorial Day and like many others in Florida, we went to the beach. It is very colorful when so many are there. You look down the beach and every one's umbrellas are so colorful and pretty. I love it! It was windy and it looked like the storms were going to come, but they never did. It was sunny right over us! We took stuff to grill. The Collard's met us there with their little hibachi. What a perfect day. The girls went off in search of sea creatures and were not disappointed. They found lots of jelly fish. I like this one with the blue tentacles. Apparently the girls love it too!!

With Rozzie's beach day being on Memorial Day, a few girls couldn't make it, so she just had three friends and it turned out to be just right.

Rozzie wanted a cookie instead of a cake so I made one and we toted it to the beach. I was afraid we were going to open the box and see a mess of melted icing. However, it was in perfect condition!! So, happy birthday to our Razz-a-ma-Tazz!!

On a side note, one of Rozzie's friends that came to the party is named Harriet. I have always done the "Harr--ee--it" from "So I Married and Axe Murderer." But the other night I said something about "Rozzie and Harriet" and it struck me that for 2 or 3 years the whole "Ozzie and Harriet" didn't even register!! Rozzie said that her Social Studies teacher always calls them "Ozzie and Harriet." I'm usually right on those things and yet I missed this one by a long shot!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Rozzie! Wow, I can't believe you are officially old enough for church dances and will soon be a high schooler.

Morgan does realize that you guys live in Florida, right? And that those big, winter hats are highly unnecessary, right? Just checking.

Glad you enjoyed this holiday weekend with beach fun and beautiful weather.

Shoebox Princess said...

The Jayne hat!!! I likey! I just might have to snag the pattern from you so's I can knit some for my kids. (We love Adam Baldwin, aka Jayne and John Casey) Morgan looks very cool (hot?) in the Jayne hat.

Happy Birthday to the Roz! That's so funny that she has a friend named Harriet. I'd be doing the Harr-i-ett, sweet Harriet, thing from I Married an Ax Murderer all the time too. Is Harriet a butcher by chance?

pretty jellyfish!

Laura Copeland said...

What a perfect day for a birthday for Rozzie! You all made it so special for her! And you all had a great time, too, it sounds like!

Tina Johnson said...

Happy birthday Rozzie!!!! Looks like fun!