Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Went to the Doctor

Okay, so after every one's harassment, I went to the doctor. Guess what? It's broken. Well, a small fracture on the distal fibula. As the ankle twisted so fast and forceful, the ligament seems to have pulled some of the bone along with it. So tomorrow I go to the orthopedist to see what, if anything they will want to do. My students are all over the story and are being very helpful.

I had borrowed crutches from the nurse here at school. We have ONE pair for the school, and they go up to the height of 5'2". Not very useful. The urgent care doctor gave me a new pair of crutches that go up to 5'10" and I'll donate them to the school when I am done.

As for now, I have my ankle wrapped, braced, and elevated. I am supposed to stay off my feet and keep the foot elevated. I am a school teacher! My rolly chair at school is getting a workout!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I think you did the right thing. I'm not glad to hear that you do, in fact, have a broken footy. Let's hope it heals fast. Good thing you got better crutches. Those 5'2" ones would have worked for me:)

Shoebox Princess said...

Good thing you went to the dr. I hope the foot heals fast, but for now, have fun on the rolly chair! And I know you have good girls who are proficient at housework, so hopefully they will pitch in.

mastubz said...

Man - Walmart, a perilous venue! Sorry about the break. Make sure you let it heal. Bud got one of those from playing church b-ball. He got a cast, but promptly cut it off after a few days.

Tosha said...

I think this is a wonderful way to avoid having to go back to school after the holiday. . .hahahah. Sorry to hear about your leg/ankle! Take care. Tosh

mrsarmogansclass said...

You're such a good teacher...but you better take care of yourself! Don't make me come to your house myself :) LOL! Glad you know what's going on with your ankle and can help it heal. Use this to your advantage girl...breakfast in bed, kids doing the laundry, awwww...the good life (LOL!!!)

TeamCar said...

Glad you went and had that looked at!