Thursday, January 21, 2010

Two Things

1. We went to Orlando on Sunday to meet up with Karen, Savana, Paetan, and Journey who were there for a college dance competition. Morgan was in Orlando on a band trip. You'd think with her being in the same city that we could have met up with her but then you don't know how much work it takes to get in and out of Disney, over to Universal, and back again. So I ended up just taking Rozzie and Maddie. They have told me many times how glad they were that we went. Journey is Paetan's little one who is now 16 months and looks just like Rozzie did at that age. She took a liking to Maddie immediately. Maddie was surprised, but tried to live up to the expectations. Journey was so sweet.
Rozzie and Maddie paid close attention to everything Savana and Paetan did. Ah, celebrity. All I can say otherwise is that it was just wonderful to see them.
2. There was really bad weather right as school was to let out today add some kids were already at the bus. They shuttled all those kids into my room and we sat for an hour. So, I had my kids plus a bunch of other kids - 40 or so in my room!! The kids were restless and I can understand that. But some were just plain ridiculous. "What if I have to pee?" So I just asked back, "What if I have to pee?" For the most part, they were good. Some kids reported the actions of the school retarded to which I pointed out that with the current weather, it was actually quite sensible. "Can my mom just check me out?" What, just YOU out of 2300 kids? Oh, by all means, let me get the red carpet out for you. So that was fun.

3. I'm sorry, I know I said two, but here is a third. Both Morgan and Maddie stayed home from school with bad colds. Poor babies.

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Cute girls!

Ah, teenagers and their big egos! "But what about ME? Surely the rules don't apply to ME?"

Poor girls!

TeamCar said...

Ahhh fun times. Always things to remember. Love all the pics. Bad weather here.. we are about to float away! LOL.

Glad you got to see them, and Arnie (Karen's nickname).

Colds... hmmmm wait till they get sinus infections. SO fun! HUGS!

Jen said...

How fun that you meet up with some old friends. Cute baby, and she does look a like Rozzie at that age. I still remember the birthday party incident where Morgan really wanted to lick the candle but didn't get to. Poor kid!

Glad all turned out okay after the storm. There does always to be someone who has to make the time cramped together much more fun, huh?

Hope those girlies of your get better quickly.