Friday, January 8, 2010

And Now, For Something Completely Different.

Now it is time to get back to New Year's with Mike and Jenny. Check out Jenny's website for the festivities http://www.hawleyfocus.com/ We went to Mike and Jen's on our way home. We had a short drive out to Wisconsin and it was exciting to see Annie and Mimi playing outside waiting for us as we arrived. We had such a great New Year's Eve with them winning exciting gifts at the "elephant party." My brass cobra incense burner sits on my desk at school; the envy of my students (I say that seriously). I really enjoyed the keg of root beer. I hadn't had so much root beer ever! Next day was a nice, relaxing day of computer playing, knitting, Foosball, snow playing, hot chocolate, bullet filling or something, etc. Maddie, Rozzie, Annie, and Mimi went out tromping in the snow then came in for hot chocolate. So, here we have Annie:
Mimi:
Rozzie:
Maddie and Lucy:

Morgan helping Mike with some bullets:Here I am with one of Mike's guns. I've never held a gun like this. It was heavy and very unlike me.
Trav, Mike, and the girls went over to Lake Michigan for a look see. It looked...cold.
We had such a great time with Mike and Jen. Little Violet was a dream to hold and snuggle. We loved holding her and playing with such a nice baby.
We left Mike and Jen's on Jan 2 and drove two days home. All went well and we had a great holiday. I think that driving was definitely the way to go with all the craziness in the airports over the past few weeks.
Now for a picture of my new clothes. It is the "boot of shame." It really helps with stability and I'm THRILLED it isn't a cast. My leg has ached all day, but it will get better. I ditched the crutches this evening. My leg fatigued quickly, but it was liberating! This will be an interesting few weeks. I'm also glad that surgery is not in my near future.
Last, but not least, here is my job over the next few years. I have some knitting to do.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Very lovely pictures from MikenJen's. Isn't Vi a real dolly? The boot is LOVELY.

Knitting--mmmmmmmmmm!

Jen said...

We are so glad you guys were able to stay at our place for a couple of days. The girls still talk about your girls on a daily basis. They LOVE cousins! Sorry that I didn't text you back or email you any pictures of the girls. We had folks over last night, and it was a mad dash to get this dump cleaned up and do some last minute shopping before guests arrived. We had another fish fry to use up the fish Mike caught in NC. Good stuff (I know how much you adore eating fish:) ) Looks like you were able to track some pics of the girls after all though.

Awww, isn't the "boot of shame" the best thing ever to wear. It's oh so comfortable and fashionable to boot (ha, no pun intended). It does make it much better than having to use crutches though.

Glad that the cobra is a hit with your boy students.

Jen said...

Sister,
Ya know, they make that gun in pink. Too bad about your leg, we should have sent you home with the crutches from jennys foot incident. We really did enjoy having you guys around, would have liked the visit to be longer but you take what you can get. The kitty is cute, maddie would have loved her.
Concerned Citizen

TeamCar said...

VERY busy blog!!! You have had some posts that I have needed to catch up on! Boot of Shame.. no way! Glad you are doing better!