Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break Lives

Although our Spring Break ended a month ago, it seems to live on. Last week was the Alden's Spring Break and they spent it in Orlando. Travis and the girls were able to take an evening and drive down to have dinner with them. I wish I could have gone, but I had a previous commitment. The girls were so excited to see their friends. They had so much fun with Autumn and Brooklyn.
Travis hadn't seen Rick in a long, long time either so he was excited for the chance to meet and greet.

Preston is always a little left out at these meetings since I never had a boy for him to hang out with. But we love to see him. He is growing up and looking so much like his older brother!! I missed seeing Holly. I was really sad to have to sit this one out, but the gang didn't get home until 1:30 am and there is NO WAY I could teach school after that. Guess it is a good thing I didn't go. Holly invited Morgan to come and visit them anytime she needs a little getaway from the stress of college. I'm sure Morgan will take her up on it a time or two. Such dear, dear friends...When I mentioned that Spring Break lives on, I meant it!! We had Good Friday off from school AND (what I call) Great Monday was a day off. I got a lot done today. All this time off is getting me itchy for summer vacation. We have no more breaks until Memorial Day, so it is time to get serious and finish up Frankenstein and The Old Man and the Sea for my students. It is important to keep them working until the end or they get impossible.


We had Easter. It isn't quite as exciting as it used to be, but we have a really good dinner. The girls got some candy from the Easter Cat this year. They are looking all festive in the bright chairs.


No longer is this the "kid" table, but it is now the young lady's table. Rozzie made really cute name tags for the table; I wish you could see them.


And the Jello!!


Happy Spring!! Now we go straight to summer, here. It has already been to 91 degrees. We just really need rain, now. Back to school tomorrow!! Have a great week.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

I love The Jello! Yum!

Looks like everyone had a good time. The kids are looking all growed up!

TeamCar said...

That Jello was amazing! I don't know if I would have had the patience to make that! lol

Looks like fun times!

Laura Copeland said...

Wow! I agree with the Jello comments. Who had the patience to do that beautiful rainbow Jello? But aside from that, I hope you are enjoying these years with your girls because truly those years escape before you know it. But then, not too many years after that, the grandkids come so you can still have that special excitement that only the young can offer.

Jen said...

So glad that Trav and the girls were able to sneak a quick visit with the Aldens. The jello cake looks gorgeous as always. You should try those eggs next year.