Sunday, May 1, 2011

All Dressed Up with SO Many Places to GO!!

Morgan's last band concert was last week - well, both of them. They had a real concert. I told Morgan that I was allowed to take any pictures I wanted. She cooperated at one point and waved. Her little face is in the center and she is even waving, acting like she is happy I'm taking her picture.
Later in the week, the band travelled to Tallahassee for their state MPA (music performance assessment) where they scored straight superiors. Mrs. Rys cried - she has never gotten that before. Needless to say, Morgan's senior band experience was rather exceptional.

Yesterday (Saturday) was a busy one for me. I went on the pre-hike hike. Next week is the hike for Girl's Camp, but I'll be doing ACT testing. Maddie has a band trip to Orlando, so we went on the Leader's pre-hike hike. It was 5 miles in the wilderness of Florida (luckily a shady wilderness). We had a nice time and Maddie accomplished that task for her Level 2 Camp Certification.

Later in the afternoon, Maddie had a dance expo in Jacksonville. It was national dance week and so there was a little showcase that our studio participated in. The girls have a good time together. It wasn't too hot, either, so that made it real nice. Maddie went home with her teacher and Travis and I stayed downtown.

We went to his office. (Maddie's performance was only 2 blocks from his office.) We had our gear in the car so we could get ready for .... PROM NIGHT!! The theme was "Masquerade" which made for fun table decorations. It is a fun time to mingle with the teachers:

I love seeing my students. I think this year was the best prom yet. There didn't seem to be the baseness that was so apparent 4 years ago. Mostly, I enjoy seeing my students all dressed up and looking their best. I take pictures and put them on display in my classroom. When I asked for pictures with one group of students and said it was for the "shelf of fame," Terra exclaimed, "I've been hoping to get on there!!" I put those pictures on my facebook page.


Here I am with McCall. We have known this family for a long time. Both McCall and Morgan are graduating. Sad note here, Morgan didn't really want to go to Prom, so no pictures with my own daughter. I'm a little sad about it.


And here I am with my date. He couldn't go last year, so it was nice to have him along. He was great about taking pictures and just hanging out. I do a lot of socializing and he is there to drive me there and back safely. The Prom is at the football stadium and there was an arena game there last night and it was really busy. Glad to have him along for that - and for the company.


I feel like I've been hit by a truck today. It is time for me to rest a bit. Rozzie had dance team tryouts on Friday and made the Golden Girl Dance Team for her sophomore year. Yay!! More next week, I'm sure...

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

*waves to Morgan* She does a convincing happy face.

Lovely masquerade pictures! How fun! I would die for a chance to tote around a mask on a stick (maybe not die, but I....would give up chocolate for A. WHOLE. WEEK.)

Lovely Maddie dance picture too!

Boy you sure are busy!

Jen said...

Way to go, Morgan. She really has had quite the band experience in high school, huh?

What a fun theme for prom. You and Travis look so lovely.

Congrats to Maddie and Rozzie on their dance accomplishments.

TeamCar said...

Time passages... I am amazed at all the time that has passed..so quickly and yet sometimes it seems so slow. How fun it is to see all of you doing so well!

Congrats to Morgie, Rozz and Maddie!

And of course special Congrats to you and Trav. : )