Friday, April 15, 2011

Senioritis

I finished these magical socks. Just sayin'. Now onward to the meat of my post. Senioritis. As a scientist and an English teacher, I must object to this term. The suffix, "-itis" is used to denote an inflammation. I have yet to see any of my students become inflamed due to their senior status. Yes, they become lackadaisical, ornery, sluggish, and irritable, but let's call it something else. Any suggestions other than the senior slump? Senior-get-over-it-and-quit-taking-every-other-day-off-I'm-tired-too? By the way, Morgan was offended that the Clay County Fair didn't give her a "senior" discount. Yep.

We had a great time last weekend with Jenny and Violet. For a variety of pictures, check out http://www.hawleyfocus.com/ and you will be treated to a journey through the weekend. She posted many of our favorite pictures of Morgan and they are much larger than I am able to post here, so that is why I am sending you there rather than reposting them here. With that said, here are two more of her pictures that I loved. There is something about the saxophone pictures that I find amazing and different.


And this one shows her eyes so nicely. They are a nice shade of green!!
I am posting only one family picture, the other one will have to wait until Christmas. Start the count-down!!And now, the girls. I love these pictures. They had such a fun time goofing around for these. This is the last time we will have our family at this moment - all our children living at home and under our care. We are starting a new phase of life!!



I refer to these next ones as the "Charlie's Angels" pictures. They are so goofy, yet they really capture their personalities!!




There really aren't any traditionally serious pictures in the lot.
Certainly not this one!!
And so, there you have it. Thanks to Jen and her mad skillz. We had a great visit and are planning a redo in 3 years!!

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

I love the fun pictures of the three girls! Spontaneous candid shots have a lot of personality!

I agree with your rant about -itis! I am aggrieved every time I see it used to describe a general ailment having nothing to do with swelling.

Love the socks!

Dennis said...

I have senioritis (literally). The pictures are really great. I really do like the ones of Morgan with her sax. She looks like a jazz saxist in New Orleans with her case (not visible) open for tips. And it's really cool.

Jen said...

Love, love, love how the pictures of the girls turned out. My absolute goal when taking photography to the next level was to get candid shots just like that that truly capture personality. I'm just so glad you guys really enjoyed the time and love the pictures:)

TeamCar said...

Mad ninga skills.. you has them!!! Love the photos. Can't count down to Christmas!! AACK!

I am thinking about our last year with Claire... kind of hard for me to think about and believe.

Love you guys!