Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthdays and Banquets

Last weekend we went to Orlando for Maddie's dance competition. These girls did such a nice job. They sure enjoy being together. This competition graded the dances. The girls received a "high silver" for their modern dance and a "gold" for "Ease on Down the Road". Maddie enjoys being part of this group more than anything. We enjoyed getting to know the parents better. Last night was Rozzie's dance team banquet. Here are the Freshmen. They are thrilled that they will never be the freshmen on the team ever again.
Rozzie got the award for being "Most Likely to be a Squib". These seniors love her and keep her with them, and they find her very funny to have around. It has been really nice to see her grow into this team, mature, and find her confidence. She will really miss this little girl, Natalie, when she graduates.
Holy smokes!! Morgan turned 18!! We spent her day taking Morgan's senior pictures. We went all over the city. Jenny flew in from Wisconsin to help us out. Travis had a flight on frequent flyer miles or something and was able to get her down for a working vacation! She brought Violet and we are so happy to have them here. A senior picture preview will follow soonly. We finally got around to celebrating Morgan's birthday. We decided to make an "Angry Birds" cake! There are so many cute 3D cakes, but I just didn't have the time for all that. Once I started going with this, the girls all came in and started asking to help and after just a few cuts, they took over. Basically, I did the title. Morgan LOVED it. The girls all had such a fun time doing this together. Those times when all three work together happily like that are drawing to a close. (Morgan leaves in two months.)
Here is a close up of the cake!! If you don't know, Angry Birds is a game for phones and iPads that is lots of fun. The player slings a bird at the pigs who have stolen the birds' eggs. The goal is to destroy all the pigs who are hiding in different "buildings" and such.
Jenny and Violet have been such good houseguests. Vi has been a little clingy with mom while mom is trying to edit Morgan's pictures. We suggested Maddie take Violet on a walk and so they were off. Violet was perfectly happy to go "outside" and willingly went with Maddie. They have been gone a long time!!
I'm so glad that Jenny and Violet could come and visit. Morgan's pictures are just beautiful. I can't wait to get them in my hands. We also did a few family pictures at the rail yard. We have done the beach pictures and so this time we decided to hit the rails. My favorites are the pictures of the girls walking along laughing together. They remind me of "Charlie's Angels". I can't wait to show you!!

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Nice updates! I love Morgan's cake (I've never played Angry Birds, but I do know a little bit about it). Send me a piece, willya? Someday, we should make a digital photo book of all the cakes we've made.

I can't wait to see the senior pictures!!! Post fast please!

And guess who Jen's next client for senior pictures is??? PAUL. This summer!

TeamCar said...

I think I would be crying. I not only would be crying I'd be a mess. Claire enlists next month in the Army... then after she graduates next year.. she will be sent to boot camp. AAAACK!

That cake looks very nommy. I am giving up sugar and bread.. for a month! Tell her to enjoy that cake for me too! Love you guys bunches.

I am hoping I can fly out there to represent our family for her Graduation.

Happy Happy Birthday Miss Morgie!

Jenni said...

Vi and I have been having so much fun and absolutely, positively don't want to leave. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this adventure. I really hope you all love Morgan's pictures as much as I do. She was such a good sport about it all. It really can be nerve-wracking to have a crazy lady in your face taking pictures of you all day. It's been so fun seeing how big the girls have gotten and getting to know their individual personalities again.

Jenni said...

Ha, I just noticed that I (Jen Hawley) commented while logged in as Jenni. So the above comment is actually from me. Not Jenni.