Friday, August 27, 2010

Preseason Football Nearly Rained Out!!

That's right folks, it's football season. This year is going to be a busy one!! We have two kids involved: Morgan is still marching that tuba around the field, and we have added Rozzie to the the excitement on the the dance team. The rain held off all day and then, right as I got to the concession stand, the downpour. It was raining so hard!! Each time I said that the rain kicked it up a notch, the rain would then kick it up another notch. When it couldn't rain any harder, the band marched on. They left the woodwinds back in the band room but the brass played on!! Here is Morgan passing by the concession stand. She is the front sousaphone. You get a feeling for how wet it was. There was no one in the stands. As they rounded the other side of the stadium, lightning was spotted and they marched right off. The game was delayed a while, but then the rain let up and the lightning stopped and we had a game. It ended up being pretty decent, albeit a little soggy. Morgan has such a good time messing around in the stands with her pals. As it was preseason and all, the band did not perform their show. Morgan told me not to take pictures when she was playing because she felt compelled to look at me and smile.
The Golden Girls looked a little soggy, too!! They had all fixed their hair and make-up and it ended up wet and stringy!! It is a good thing they dance really well!! They did look great and it was surreal to see Rozzie out there. It just can't be! But there she is. I wish I had my sister's labeling skills. Rozzie is in the way back and is hard to pick out in this picture. But here they are dancing to the band's music, in the rain.
When it cleared up , they girls doffed their jackets and kept dancing. Rozzie is easier to spot here, she is in the back, right in front of #67.

I am really looking forward to this football season. I have a few students who are on the football team and another student on the color guard with the band. It is fun to see Rozzie starting out her high school career. At the same time, I can't believe this is Morgan's last year marching on the field. It has been so much fun watching her. I'll stop before I start crying.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank goodness the first game of the season wasn't rained out. Now you really need that new camera ASAP!

Shoebox Princess said...

Time is really cruising, isn't it?

The girls looked great doing their respective thing! I look forward to many more pictures of them being talented!

TeamCar said...

"Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping.. into the future..."

How did our kids get to be so grown up so fast? I don't know HOW this happened!!! I didn't vote for it!!!

So fun.. thanks for sharing!