Saturday, August 7, 2010

A House Full of Little Ones

Just a little note for all my blog readers: Our email is not functioning right now and is driving us insane. We have contacted people and tried to fix it, but it is not fixing. So for now, please use my work email: jksmith@mail.clay.k12.fl.us

So where was I? Ah yes, returning from Girl's Camp!! We returned home on a Friday afternoon and unpacking and did laundry - lots of laundry - for days. On Saturday, Shan, Mikkyn, Cole, Mack, Tate, and Ruby came to visit!! We were thrilled to have them visit us. Shan had a training class up in Georgia for two weeks and so the family came along for a summer adventure! I had been gone for a month and so my first week home was full of doctor visits, dentist visits, grocery visits, etc. I had to try to rebuild my life that fell apart while I was absent. But all that got done.
As the next weekend approached, my dad flew out to visit and see the girls dance in their recital! Thanks so much for coming, Dad. I know the house was rather busy and hectic, but we were very glad to have you. The nephews said you told funny stories!! We were able to do a little swimming. The cousins went to the beach a few times, but I was unable to go along. However, I did get to go swimming with them a few times. We went to a few different pools. The kids loved it when Morgan, Rozzie, and Maddie would accompany them and swim. That was the best. Here is Ruby trying to be just like Maddie! Maddie was a favorite for Ruby. Ruby would wake up in the morning and ask, "Where's Maddie?" Maddie is a tough one to wake up in the morning, but I found that if I sent Ruby in, Maddie would get right up and have a very sweet disposition. Ruby was often found in the girl's rooms doing dress up or just being with the big girls. It was really sweet. Maddie was pretty good about all the attention and seemed to enjoy entertaining them. There were a few rainy days and one afternoon, we got out the puzzles and went to work. It was quite a sight to see and kept everyone occupied for a long time. We think Mack looks a lot like his Uncle Travis. If you look at the pictures of Trav as a young'un, you'd really see the resemblance! And with their matching BYU shirts, you can hardly tell the difference now!
Ruby wasn't Maddie's only fan. Cole took a liking to her, also! He liked to sit by her whenever he could and enjoyed her company. This picture includes Tate, Cole, and Maddie.
Mikkyn was a great friend to have around the house and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her better! It was comfortable to have them around and I never found myself counting days or anything!! (I liked Girl's Camp but I was counting days!!) I hope they had as comfortable a visit as we did!!
We met Annette and Ashley at Mellow Mushroom for dinner. Morgan and Roz were at Youth Conference, so they were unable to attend. Maddie can't wait until she is 14 so that she can go. She is very sad that it will be two more years. Anyhow, It was a great time and there were many shenanigans in the parking lot afterwards!
Here is the whole crew at church right before Shan and Mikkyn left. Mikkyn, if you would email me a copy of your picture like this I'd appreciate it. I have my eyes closed!! Email it to the above address, not the home one!!
And then it was time for the dance team camp again. This time was different though, Roz was not one of the campers!! The other two girls are from church - McCall and Shelby.

So, I think I'm just about current. I start school on Monday. I have gotten a lot of scrapbook work done. I have also decorated Rozzie's room and I think that will be the next post!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Busy days! The picture of all the puzzle doers is a cool one. I love seeing kids playing together like that.

Hopefully you got at least one quiet week this summer before you go back to school.

TeamCar said...

Yay for fun visits. Great pictures Jen. Always enjoy reading what ya'll are doing. Hugs!