Monday, August 16, 2010

2010-2011 School Year has Begun!

First off, the band season is underway with the music of Frank Ticheli. Morgan is easy to spot in this picture as she is playing the sousaphone and wearing orange shorts. Not really a "Where's Waldo" moment. They practiced the last two weeks, experiencing scorching heat and torrential downpours. As always, the band plays on!! On Saturday evening, the band performed for the parents and then there was a little dinner in the cafeteria. We are very ready for another football season!
Here it is folks - off for a day of firsts!! Morgan's first day of her senior year. Rozzie's first day of high school. Maddie's first day of junior high. Maddie and Rozzie were up early today getting ready for Seminary! It is very odd to see Rozzie going off at this time. She was all smiles.
Morgan wore her special SENIOR t-shirt as many of the seniors do to make themselves known.
And here is Maddie all ready for her day. She had an upset stomach, but powered through and made it to the bus stop. Once there, she was around friends all doing the same thing and her journey began.

Everyone reported good days. We went school supply shopping. I saw Rozzie before school, then thought of her all day. I saw Morgan at lunch (she forgot her lunch!!). I even had a good day. They day went by quickly. I am always a little shy of my new students but I think it will be a good enough year. Tomorrow we start the fun stuff and it will be just like normal. I'm exhausted. I have a headache. But it was a nice first day of school.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yep, Morgan is definitely a senior with her lack of dressing up the first day. I was so the same way. Can't believe Roz is in high school now. It's just not possible. Poor Maddie with her first-day jitters.

Shoebox Princess said...

How nice for everybody to be in school (except for you. I'm sure you would rather be not in school)!

Is this the last year of band pictures on your blog? That would be sad!

But then we get dance team pictures, so I will survive, I'm sure.

I hope Maddie enjoys middle school.

TeamCar said...

Wow.. can't believe its begun already. School starts very late here this year on September 13. What is this madness?! lol..

Such fun FUN pics of the girls.

Hugs!