Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grocery Shopping

I hate grocery shopping. I used to love it when I was young and would go with my mom and she'd give me a coupon and I'd go on the hunt. Now, it is a two hour ordeal squeezed in at the end of a long day when I've been on my feet all day. Travis gets paid once a month and so for the past 14+ years, we have done a major shop after pay day and then gone back here and there for specifics like milk, bread, veggies, and fruit. Oh, and ice cream. So that is why we do this. I really don't have any lengthy thoughts on it. I was thankful that Morgan and Maddie went with me because I can't handle two carts on my own and going back for a second go round makes me want to cry. Rozzie didn't go along because she wasn't home from school, not because she doesn't help. All the groceries are put away and the soup is cooking on the stove and my rant is done.

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Grocery shopping is such a mindless boring LONG time-consuming back-breaking chore. Bleagh. Especially if three different stores have a few awesome sale items and I gotta go to all three places.

Laura Copeland said...

Sometimes it just helps to get things out of your system. Right?!

Jen said...

I have to agree that grocery shopping is my 2nd least favorite chore (laundry is the least favorite). It's even more torturous if I have to bring all 3 girls. Ugh! You should look into buying groceries online. I keep wanting to sign up, but I never do.

Tina Johnson said...

I hate it too! But I'm with Jen laundry is the worst chore ever.

TeamCar said...

It is SUCH a mundane chore. I swear... I can't stand it, that and cleaning and doing laundry and FOLDING laundry!

Its a never ending chore.. why can't it be? ARGH! lol and yes... I go to three stores as well.