Monday, March 15, 2010

Catnip and Peeps

In my senior English class, we are reading excerpts from "The Diary of Samuel Pepys." To remind the students that Pepys is pronounced "Peeps" I brought Peeps to school for the kids. At home, we roasted the left overs for s'mores!! They make yummy s'mores! The girls are all busy roasting while Sock Monkey looks on in approval, awaiting his treat!!
Yesterday during church, Rozzie kept complaining of back pain. She seemed to be in a lot of pain, too. She'd jump if I touched it. I knew that she had been at the park with her friend. They like to go off and take pictures of themselves and then post them on Facebook. They were jumping of the swings and Rozzie slipped and fell on her back. This is actually the picture of her right before the fall!!
She was uncomfortable sitting, standing, and lying down. Knowing that I had to work and that she had to go to school, I knew we had to get her in to see a doctor right away. Luckily, no ribs cracked or broken. But she did bruise the rib meat pretty good. The doctor wrote her a note to be out of PE for the week. He wants her to rest. He's never met Roz. Her team is in the basketball tournament!! How can she sit that out?

On to the news of the garden: we are still waiting for the ammonium sulfate to be delivered to the garden store on Thursday. The hay bales sit, waiting patiently for their plants. Here is a picture of what Licky and Spunky have done to the catnip:
Morgan and I have started attending Zumba classes at the Y. She always made fun of the people in that class. But on Thursday, she asked if I'd go with her. That meant that I'd have to give up yoga, but I was willing. Zumba is a Latin based dance exercise class. It is very active and there is a lot of shaking going on. Morgan was relieved to find that there were people of all shapes and sizes there and we have been enjoying. We have been 3 times now. I'll still try to get in a yoga class on Wednesday.

That is it in a nutshell for today. I hope you are all having a great day.

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Is that a worm in the catnip pot?

Good thinking on the Pepys/Peep connection! They'll never forget that ever.

Poor Roz! Tell her that Auntie hopes her rib meat gets better soon. Paul had a get out of PE class free for the last two weeks bc of his stitches (pretty wimpy excuse!) and I had Hayley home with me today because of a cold/asthma attack and we are out of meds for the asthma. Dr appt forthcoming!

Zumba-interesting! People of all shapes, you say? I don't think either of my girls would go willingly to a dance class with me.

Laura Copeland said...

I really hope Roz will feel better soon. Kids don't like to be told they can't do something when they want to so badly, right?

Jen said...

Yum, s'mores! We're getting back into the season here, finally.

I hope Roz gets back into ship shape. It's no fun to be in pain, especially in the back.

Never heard of Zumba. It sounds like fun though. Let us know how you guys do.