Friday, June 19, 2009

BYU - Here she comes!!

We unpacked from camp and immediately got ready for our trip to Utah. We had about 13 hours between the two activities. We got to Utah and spent a couple nights with Dave and Lisa and their 6 kids. We had a great time getting to know the kids. They are all so adorable. The girls love their cats and that is something we can really relate to in our house!! Here are some pictures!! Here are the girls: Lisa, Lindsey, Jenni, Sydney, Chloe, and Kaitlin. I guess Morgan was taking the picture. You'll see her in a moment.
Here are the boys: Austin, Dave, and Tyler. I was astonished by Austin's voice!! He sounds just like his father! They are sure nice boys.

Then I dropped Morgan off at her home for the week, Harris Hall of Heritage Halls at BYU!! She has been having a fabulous time. She texts me each day and is really enjoying her time there. I can't wait to see her tomorrow and go to the final concerts.
I left Dave and Lisa's - I had such a nice time with them. we haven't seen each other in a number of years and it was great to catch up and remember what a nice time we have together. I was able to have lunch with my friends from Cincinnati - Nicole and Tina. It was great to see them. We had a LONG lunch and had a lot to talk about. I'm so glad to have this opportunity to see them. We can pick up where we left off and talk and talk. A few tears were shed, but that is what friends are all about. So good to see you, girls!

Today, I had lunch with more friends. These friends are from my childhood/teenhood in Minnesota. Jeannie and Beth (mother and daughter) were very influential in my life. Beth was a great friend and we had such a great time with church friends. We found that we will be in Minnesota at the same and we will be having a reunion of sorts. Any of you from Plymouth 1/2 Wards are invited, date and time to be determined! So exciting. We spent 2 hours at Cafe Rio in Park City. It was such a great afternoon.

After lunch, I drove to Salt Lake and attended the temple there. Nearly 20 years ago, Travis and i were married here. I have only been there one time since then. It was a wonderful experience. I spent a lot of time taking in the artwork and sights. Beautiful!!
Now Katie is here with me in Park City and we are going to Morgan's concerts tomorrow. More pictures to follow!! This last picture is the fan Holly produced for me upon my fan request. I laughed so hard. I works wonderfully but reminds me of an R2 unit it Star Wars!!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Yeah, that is an odd-looking fan.

Sounds like you had a nice week. Try not to feel too bad about accidentally extending it.

TeamCar said...

I thought that fan was gonna start sounding like one of those black robots that was in the Sand Crawler in Star Wars... LOL.. never seen a fan like that before. I would have laughed too..

So glad your week was good. Always fun to vacation!