Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rozzie breaks the bank and Jenni gets a new do!

It finally happened, Rozzie got her braces. She has had a palette expander for a couple months and we've been stretching her palette. She was finally ready for braces. It has been tough for her. She doesn't handle pain very well, unless it is a shot. She got the top braces done this month and will go back in another month for the bottoms. The rubber bands are her favorite colors: aqua and lime. She is working on talking so we can understand her. I guess this means she'll be a teenager soon!

Today at school was the big day. I let Jasmine do my hair. She passed all her tests for graduation and so this was her incentive. She plans to do hair after graduation. We are watching a series on the House of Windsor in my Brit Lit class and so while we watched, Jasmine braided. I got lots of laughs. I'll keep it in for tomorrow - Jas is in my last class of the day - and then I'll take it out. It didn't hurt and only took about 40 minutes. When Maddie got home from school, she said, "Mom!! Your hair! It's (uncomfortable pause) wow."
I stopped by Morgan's band rehearsal after school, just for kicks. The kids were really laughing. Morgan was beet red!
And this is my girl, Jasmine. I have been her teacher for 2 years and I love her. She is s delightful girl.
And here is a picture of Licky, whom we love.









2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Happy braces, Rozzie!

And loverly cornrows! Jasmine did a fine job!

Dennis said...

The cornrows are awesome! Keep them for a while (of course you can't wash your hair for a while.) Yea braces.