Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tonight We're Going to Party Like It's 2009 (March 26)

So, then there was the party proper. There had been partying and there would continue to be reveling, but the formal gig was Friday night. My friend, Lani, with help from a few others, threw me a party. I was floored at the decorations. The table was just beautiful. I mean VERY beautiful. It was all done in black and silver with purple accents. She had little goblets placed around the table full of sand with the candles in them. There were tiny circular mirrors with the beads and goblets on them. It was overwhelmingly beautiful. Linda enlarged a picture of me that Travis liked and that was set up there. Chantal beaded everything, giving it a real glitzy look. Well, just look at the pictures. Lani really did a great job.
There were quite a few of my good friends at the party. I'm truly blessed to have good friends to be my family here in Florida. In attendance were mostly friends from church, but my dear friend, Heather (from work) came with her husband and that was so nice. I was truly humbled by my friends and am grateful for them. Most people know how difficult it is for me to be far from my family (ok, yes, I'm going to get a little sappy). My family really means a lot tome and I love them very much. It has been a great obstacle in my life to not be geographically close to them. My family from church has always played that role in my life. Now that I have a real job, I am developing some meaningful relationships with friends there. They all bless my life and I am thankful for all of them. As I stated in my last blog, my mom and sister came to visit for the party and having them there made it complete. My mom is an anchor in my life and my sister is my true best friend. She knows me the best and likes me anyway. Actually, I'll say that all my friends stick with me despite me. Thank you!! So here is a picture of some of my favorite people - Sara, Mom, and Lisa!!This was one of the gifts - along with a matching afghan!!

So that was the party. But in reality the party wasn't over!! We just celebrated all weekend. On Saturday, Sara made me this fabulous froggy cake. You may not know that my nickname has been "Froggybaby" for most of my life and my dad still calls me that. So Sara just whipped up this cake!! I just couldn't imagine how she got it formed from bowl-shaped to frog-shaped!! It was adorable!! Thanks Sara!!
And now that it is 9:05 PM, it is time for me to go to bed. Again, thanks to all who made my birthday memorable.

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

That was a nice party. Lani, Linda, and Chantal went all out! You have great friends.

You mean the helmet cake?

Dennis said...

Happy Birthday Froggybaby. Do you remember how that name came to be?