Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I have had a whirlwind week!! Tuesday night, just before I was going off to church to teach a yoga class to the girls, I heard a child call out, "Pizza delivery!" Then Matt appeared. I had a little trouble processing the vision before me. Then my Sara walked in and I started to understand the reality of having my sister here for my birthday. She brought the Matt along for a Florida spring break. What a great treat. But, no, that wasn't all...in walked my Mother!! I got a real surprise for my 40th birthday. Click on Sara's blog for visuals!! The hard part was still having to go to yoga!! But it went well, me not being a yoga teacher or anything. Then I had to work the next day - what a drag!! But that was over soon enough. We went to dinner at Koko's Japanese restaurant and had a little show and good food. Matt was really impressed with our chef's abilities. I had already taken off for my birthday (Thursday and Friday) so I was able to spent time with my family people who were visiting. I went to yoga to start out my 40th birthday with a good stretch and a birthday massage!! Then home to mom and Sara. We did lots of running around to the knit shop and the book shop. Morgan had a band concert that night and we all enjoyed that. Sara hadn't been to a band concert in about 2 weeks so she was overdue. After that, we came home to have cake and open some presents. I had leftover cake from work and we all enjoyed the black flowers!!
I got all sorts of fancy gifts. Sara made me this apron which is purple and very fancy. I'll use it tonight when I make dinner!!
Maddie made me this little jewelry box. She painted it. It is velvet lined!! Travis gave me some yarn for a sweater I would like to attempt to knit! Mom got me a little knit kit for my knitting - it is TSA approved!! I was very pleased. What a great family!!
And, to finish of the blog for the morning, here is Maddie, Matty, and Roz with the ever-famous Licker-beast.
Last night was my big party! I will wait a few days and post the party pictures!! You won't believe your eyes!! I'm having the time of my life!

1 comment:

Shoebox Princess said...

We had so much fun!

I came home to Magic and Servo and gave them both greetings from Lickerbeast and Spunkers.