Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just Like Lolla Lee Lou

I just looked for my Dr. Seuss book about Gertrude McFuzz who wanted more feathers and to be just like Lolla Lee Lou. The latest craze is to get feathers in your hair. The girls wanted to do this and that was fine with me. We waited and waited for our salon to get feathers and they didn't come in. We were in St. Augustine last weekend and we went to a salon one of Rozzie's friends suggested and they had feathers!!

I even got one!! There were really pretty purple feathers, so I decided to get one. It is hard to see, but it is there.

Last week was teacher planning. It was a rather hellacious week. I had way too many meetings. Then there would be cheer practice. So I spent a few days at school til late and got more things done. I still have a full day of work tomorrow. However, things have mellowed out and I feel that I'll be ready. No matter what, the students will show up and we'll do something!!


On Friday we had team pictures, so I thought I'd post that so you could see us all looking good.



So school starts on Tuesday. Morgan is off for a week at the Alden's. She reports to band camp next Sunday. All is well. All is well.

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Thank you for labeling the pictures (and so beautifully fonted)! (you must not have ticks down in FL)

Can you wash the feathers when you wash your hair? How do they put them in your hair and make them not fall out?

I hope work mellows out for you. You are going to be one busy chick now that you have cheer duties on top of all the other things you do.

Jake and Steph said...

Anna & Maya got feathers in their hairs the night of Dylan's rockband concert. They're pretty sweet (for grlz). I have heard that the fad came about soon after Stephen Tyler (sp?) of Aerosmith fame became one of the judges of that voting show with the singers. Never watched it. Apparently it's gravely affecting the fly-fishing industry, too because the flies are made with the same feather stock. Good job all. Now we have to kill the chickens even faster. Enjoy your "do's". Jake

Laura Copeland said...

Love the feathers. My little granddaughters all showed me theirs this summer, too. I'm sure Lola will be wanting one sooner or later. Hah! Anyway, I agree with how busy you are becoming--or still are. Seriously, at times you will just opt for not sleeping at night. That's the only time left in the day. Believe me, I used to do it--back when I was young!

Dennis said...

I have heard about feathers in the hair (unfortunately I don't have enough hair anymore). Can you fly now?
Good luck with school. I think you must be an awesome teacher and coach.

Jen said...

Feathers! Doesn't anyone remember the feather alligator clips people used to put in their hair in the 80's?!? We have now come full circle. They are much more modern looking though these days than the fluffy things they used to have. It's funny because at the beginning of the summer I read a newspaper article at your mom's about the feather craze and how fly fishermen and suppliers are up in arms about the feather craze because it's depleting their supply. I'm sure the fad will wear off, and the fly fishing industry will recover.