Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

School started this past week. Funny thing, we started school and Morgan had a week off! Maddie is off to class in her new Aztec print shirt. She is in 8th grade this year at Green Cove Springs Junior High. She looks forward to her last science fair project and band. This year in band, she'll be playing at the junior high football games!! It is a pretty exciting year.
Rozzie is now a sophomore. She is so happy to shed the title of "Freshman". She is off to Seminary at 5:45 am. We definitely miss having a teenage driver in the house!! Travis drives her there and I pick her up and take her (and three other boys) to school. By the way, the church is on the way to the school so it really isn't a bother to me. Rozzie is looking forward to another year of yearbook and dance team. She is also adding an AP class to her schedule, hoping for a little college credit.

I also went back to school. I am teaching my two English classes and a fashion design class. I've been displaying my old prom dresses for the fashion kids and they have enjoyed that. Sometimes I'm surprised at what I was able to do at the age of 15. I have also taken on the extra job of Varsity Cheerleading Coach. So far, I have been very busy during the day and very tired at night. It will be an interesting year. The cheerleaders have been really nice and there haven't been any problems.


Morgan had a great term at BYU. She had more fun than is legal. But, we all knew that would happen. She did well in her classes. I don't have any picture of her doing anything scholarly. But one of her friends posted this:

Yes, it is a mustache bandaid.


She is very excited to start marching band on Monday. She will have a very busy week. Since she is off this week, she went up to Alden's in Park City for a little rest. One night she texted me this picture and said, "This is what we're doing tonight."



I have always said, "you never know what will happen when you are at the Alden's." She loved flying over BYU campus. She has hiked around the mountains and gone on rides on the Ranger. She has used the exercise room. I think she is ready for the next phase!! A big thanks to Holly and Rick for feeding her, entertaining her, and just letting her stay there.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

I just do not know where this summer has gone. I can't believe your kids are back in school again! Except for Morgan. But she will be again soon and marching band will definitely take up her time until school starts. Have fun with all the new things you are doing!

Jake and Steph said...

Wow! Anna started the PSEO program @ Normandale just this morning and Kayla starts her official college life tomorrow morning at Normandale as well.

It's weird to think of Morgan at BYU when I can vividly recall holding her in her little purple & black striped jammies on my way thru to BYU (or way back home, that part I can't recall. Tell Morgan that my favorite part of BYU football games was standing under the bleachers waiting & listening for the marching band.

Lastly, there is a woman at Lafayette that went to high school with you. We've spoken & she says yuo're friends on facebook. Do you know of whom I speak? If so, lemme know, cuz I can't recall her name.

Laura Copeland said...

You are in such a hectic, but fun place in life. Seriously, every day is a new adventure, right? And to have such great girls who have such fantastic goals makes it all worth it!

Jen said...

My gosh, Roz and Maddie look even older than when I visited just a few short months ago. They look beautiful and, oh, so trendy. How fun for you to get to teach a fashion class. They never had those kinds of classes at my school.

Glad to see that Morgan did well at school right from the get-go. She will have so much fun in marching band. How awesome to get that opportunity! I'm so jealous of her visit to the Alden's. I so want to get invited to stay there. Much better than the Ritz!

Can you believe the summer has already flown by again? I'm for one glad it has which meant moving into our house, but I'm also sad to have another summer gone with winter looming around the corner.