Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Decision Has Been Made

We missed the boat for Christmas. I had seen Pillow Pets at Walmart and thought it was silly. Little did I know that was a hit with the kids and the girls really liked them. When we went to the state dance competition, many of the girls brought their Pillow Pets. Rozzie was envious!! When we brought these home for Valentine's Day, Rozzie jumped up and down and screamed. She was on the verge of tears. Needless to say, they were all pleased.
It's a Pillow.
It's a Pet.
It's a Pillow Pet.
Today was our first beach trip for 2011. We went to Anastasia State Park with two of Rozzie's dance friends, Lauren and Sabrina. At the park entrance, the water temperature was posted as 58 degrees. That didn't stop these girls!! It was a beautiful day. I look forward to many more like it!! Maddie came along and split her time between me and Rozzie.
While we were at the beach, Morgan made a decision. She had hung the flag in the morning. By the afternoon, it was official and she accepted the admittance to BYU. It is a great feeling. I'm so proud of her. She had two great options; BYU and FSU. She will be going out for summer term two weeks after graduation from high school. Rise and Shout!!!

7 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Lucky girl! (smart girl!)
Lovely pictures!

Summer semester? Wow!

Dennis said...

I'm proud of Morgan. I'm sure she gave great consideration to her choice. GO COUGARS!!!

Jen said...

Way to go, Morgan! I'm sure it's been a tough choice after spending most of your life in FL and considering it home. My oldest brother went to FSU and loved it, but I know you will be so blessed to be at BYU.

I, too, thought the Pillow Pets were so dumb when I first saw them. My girls didn't though and bugged me for one every time the commercial came on. Then we were at a birthday party where the birthday girl received a Pillow Pet, and all the kids went nuts for it. The parents were all discussing where to buy them and which ones their kids already had. So it was then that I decided the Pillow Pets would be a good Christmas present. They still love them and sleep with them every night, and Violet still covets Mimi's puppy even though she has (and does love) her Busy Bee. I do think it's funny though that your teenaged girls also really wanted them and got so excited when you presented them to them. They must really be for all ages.

P.S. Don't tell anyone this, but Mike has his own unicorn pillow pet that he sleeps with at night (it was actually the rejected Pillow Pet that Violet had before her Busy Bee).

P.P.S. Why did I just write a novel about Pillow Pets?!?

Tina Johnson said...

Micah is going for summer term too. He will probably have a mission call before he leaves for school and will defer aftfer that.
Maybe they will see each other out there. The classes they can take are limited to the freshman ones so who knows they may even have a class together!

TeamCar said...

Yay Morgie! Congrats. Great pics.. read that there are alot of Man o Wars washing up on the beach.

Congrats to you and the fam. We loves ya.

Kor

Jessie said...

a HUGE congrats to Morgan!!! So exciting!!!

and yay for Pillow Pets!

Laura Copeland said...

I'm so excited for Morgan. She is going to love BYU! I told her it was a long way from home. She said, "That's okay." Then I said, "Well, you probably won't get homesick--at least for a week after you get out there!" Hah! I know that's how I felt, and I was only six hours away!