Sunday, July 25, 2010

Utah Trip 2010: Part III - The End

I know, I know. You all thought something drastic happened in my life since I haven't posted in three weeks. Well something drastic did happen. And I'll try and blog it all this week. But at this point, I must give the rest of my Utah trip some attention. Mike and Jenny took a vacation out to Utah at the same time I was out there so they came over to Park City for a day. It was lots of fun. Jenny has posted some great pictures at www.hawleyfocus.com PLEASE check it out as there is a fabulous picture of me and Violet. Actually all the pictures are great. I have a couple more that were different from Jen's so I'll show you a few!! We rode alpine slides and the girls were so funny. Annie didn't want to go too fast so I made sure we went fast enough! We beat Mike! On the way up, Annie and Mimi were fighting over who got to ride with me. Finally Mimi said, "Oh! I know, I can ride with Aunt Jenni the first time, and then Annie can ride with Aunt Jenni the next time!!" Annie shouted with joy and agreed with her whole-heartedly. Mike gave me the look of shock over someone thinking of such a novel idea. Ha ha ha ha!

Later that night, Holly took us on a Ranger ride all over the mountain and the Canyons ski resort. It was a really great ride. I think Violet liked it the best. She was a wild baby! She loved having the wind blowing in her hair! At the Canyons they have a summer Ultimate Frisbee course set up. I had to take a picture of this for Sara and her boys.
Here is a picture of Violet and Mike. The funny thing is that she is holding on to Mike by his handle there on the side of his head! She hung on all the way to the car!
Here is a picture of Maddie with some girls at the Gateway Mall. It was Brooklyn's birthday party and they went on a photo scavenger hunt all over the mall. She had a blast!
While we were doing all this stuff, Rozzie was at camp having a blast. On the Sunday that she was at camp, they went to Temple Square to see "Music and the Spoken Word." Here they are at the temple.
Here is Rozzie with all her new best friends at the reflection pool by the temple. Rozzie is right in the middle in black.
As the camp came to a close, we went to see Rozzie perform the dances she learned. Roz is in the back pointing at us. It was great to see her with new friends and have such a fun time.
Autumn and Brooklyn came along to see Rozzie's performance, too. Rozzie learned what a great place BYU is!!

We had such a nice trip in Utah. It was a great time to meet and greet with friends and family. Then we headed home on Saturday, July 3, and I had to be to Girl's Camp in Georgia on Sunday, July 4, at 5:00.

Thanks to Alden's and Smith's for such a great time!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Great pictures, especially the one of Vi holding onto Mike's handles and the frisbee golf hole. I'll show that to Jimmy when he gets home from work.

I was wondering when you'd post a pic of Roz in her dance camp recital! How did that go?

Just an FYI, your blog background isn't working for me. It says "photo has been deleted or moved." So no black and purple background with lovely swirly thingies.

Shoebox Princess said...

You got the background fixed!

Jen said...

Ha love the pic of Vi using Mike's ear as a handle. Love your temple pics. I'm glad the girls had so much fun and that they also had the Alden kids with them to make the experience even more memorable. I can't wait until my girls are enough to do those kinds of things.