Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In the Meantime

Now I'm backing up just a couple weeks. Please don't be confused or angry at me. Some of this happened while I was in Utah and didn't get these pictures until later - much later!

Rozzie had a dance team camp the week after school was out and I already posted a picture or two of that. However, I haven't posted the peacock costumes! During the last week of school, the dance coach asked Lani to come up with a costume for "Zoo Day" at the camp. The coach was thinking "birds" and Lani came up with "peacocks". Well, when Lani is given a task, Jenni gets a task. We did some running around looking at things and searching the Internet. Then I spent about 6 hours making earrings and helping with the shirts and headbands. The costume turned out really cute. Here is Rozzie with one of her new friends, Lauren, modeling the finished product.
On the day Rozzie had to be at dance team camp, the rest of the youth from church went to the temple in Orlando. This was Maddie's first trip there to do baptisms. They had a nice time and I'm glad Morgan was able to go with her. She is wearing heels here but, yes, she is taller than Morgan.
I have been busy this summer and finished this pair of socks out in Utah. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the effect of the yarn here. These socks are so pretty and were a lot of fun to knit.


Stay tuned for the next post in which we go to Girl's Camp (Rozzie's 3rd "camp" for the summer). Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

LOVE:
the peacock costumes!(but no closeups of headbands and earrings that you made?)
Morgan's and Maddie's dresses! Both of them look so cute! That hot pink is perfect on Morgan.
the multicolored socks! I wish I weren't so dang busy with writing poetry and my own history so I could knit.

Maddie is taller than Morgan??? How can this be? Isn't Maddie a little kid still? No? Sob!

Jen said...

The peacock outfits are super cute, the accessories and makeup makes it more so. I second a close-up of the earrings/headbands. I can't believe your youngest is taller than your oldest. Maddie is going to be tall, huh?

Love those socks. So colorful and cheerful:)