Monday, June 28, 2010

Utah Trip - 2010 - Part I: The North and the South

About 10 days ago, Maddie and I left for Utah. Rozzie has a dance camp at BYU so we came out here. We made the arrangements for the trip before Rozzie made the dance team and we found out she had her dance team camp at the same time as the beginning of this trip. Roz finished up her camp and flew out to join us. All this travel time has given me knitting opportunities and this is the final product of Rozzie's new socks. I have gotten more comments on these colors than any other sock I have ever knitted. They are just slightly fabulous!
Maddie and I stayed with Dave and Lisa and the kids for a couple days. We had such a nice visit. I loved sitting outside on the back porch in the cool air, watching the kids play. Maddie had a great time getting to know her cousins. On Saturday we picked up Rozzie at the airport and drove up to Park City to spend time with friends up there. Rick and Holly weren't back from their vacation yet, but this was Rozzie's opportunity to see Autumn and they made the most of it!

On Sunday, we drove down to Temple Square to pick up our cousin, Kaitlin, who was going with us to Hurricane. The girls really liked the time at the temple and asked a lot of questions about when Trav and I got married there.
Here is a great picture of all the cousins - Rozzie, Maddie, Sydney, & Kaitlin; Lindsey, Chloe, Austin, & Tyler. Sydney is way into cats (sound like anyone we know?) and I had shown her video of our lost kitten, Duckie. Since then, she has been acting like a kitty and wanting to be called "Duckie."
Monday was drop off day for Rozzie. She was a little nervous about going to a camp where she didn't know anyone. Her roommate is from Hong Kong! Here she is in her room! She has been there for a week now and is having way too much fun: dance classes, dances with boys, hanging out with people, etc. I knew Rozzie would have no trouble making friends and enjoying herself!
Maddie, Kaitlin, and I left BYU campus and drove down to Hurricane to see Grandma and Grandpa. It was sure nice to see them and they were sure happy to see us. We did a lot of fun things: swimming, walking, eating out, seeing Toy Story 3, shopping, etc. Maddie and Kaitlin got used to each other pretty quickly and had a really good time. They really liked the Washington City pool with its lazy river and water slide.While we were there, I knit Kaitlin a pair of "lugies" or slippers. She picked the purple and pink colors.
Maddie and Kaitlin are both big "Twilight" fans and are pretty excited to see the new "Eclipse" movie. On our shopping day at the outlets, I got them both t-shirts. Maddie is on Team Jacob and Kaitlin plays for Team Edward! Here they are with Grandma and Pa before we left. Thanks for hosting us!!

The night before we left, Kori and Claire came through Hurricane and stayed the night. It was really good to see them. We drove back up to Salt Lake and dropped off Kaitlin at home. I'm so glad she came along with us. The two girls got to know each other quite well and had some really fun times. Now I am back up in Park City. Stay tuned for the next installment of Utah Trip - 2010 - Part II: The Green River!

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun out there! Very cool pictures!

Laura Copeland said...

I'm so glad you are having such a great time! Morgan and I took care of the stake music--hah! She was always so prompt at being at our meeting spot! Even without a mother there, she was very responsible! She has had very good training at home!

TeamCar said...

'twas fun to see you all! I can't believe how tall and pretty Maddie is. Kaitlin too! Glad you are having a great time!

Jen said...

Wow, you accomplished so much out in UT. I can't believe Rozzie and Maddie are already both taller than me:) They are looking so grown up these days.