Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tubing the Ichetucknee

I am leaving for Minnesota in 30 minutes and am not taking the Lovely Loretta with me, so I am just posting these pictures really fast. Our church youth group went tubing on the Ichetucknee yesterday. What a great activity for these kids. The state park is about 80 miles away and it is a relatively cheap activity. The river is a natural spring and is crystal clear. It stays at a temp of 72 year round. It felt really good! It is also nice because the kids are out in nature and just having fun. It was a wonderful day. Two of the adults stayed with the cars and grilled lunch so when we got out at the midpoint, we had burgers and dogs awaiting!! Perfect day.
Out by the concession stand was this motorcycle. It is owned by the guy who runs the stand. It is parked proudly where everyone can see you. You can imagine how proud he is of his creation. I added some detail pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Maddie knit this scarf for a friend and finished it just in time for her birthday. She even did the fringe all by herself!
Licky being a bad, bad cat.

Well, that is it!! Hope you enjoyed. I love comments, so feel free to write back to me!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

I didn't realize you were coming up so soon!

That is a rad motorcycle!

I really should take my kids tubing down the Apple River.

I know you like comments, yet you haven't commented much on my blog lately (although you did on my most recent post). But I'm still commenting on yours.

Dennis said...

Cool bike and happy girls.

Jen said...

I LOVE tubing. Mike and I did the Apple River a few summers in a row when we were still college folk. Good times, and you sometimes witness things you'd wish you never saw in a lifetime.

So sad I can't be in MN for your visit. Have fun!