Saturday, July 11, 2009

Missie Pie's Missifortunes

This has been a rough few months for Maddie, so I thought I'd tell you all her woes. She sat with Trav the other night crying and wondering why all the bad stuff happens to her.

We'll start with the tragedy that was her bed room. You remember the previous post detailing the disaster in her room. Well, she was very disappointed and saddened at the destruction. The very forces of nature had combined against her. Now it is remedied and painted. I am waiting for the cat paw stencil to arrive to finish up her room and then I'll take some pictures.

Next, she survived the lice - we are still combing and making sure. What a nightmare. She felt like a leper.

Then, a couple nights ago she bonked her head on her desk. It bled a lot. She cried and cried. She sat in the tub while I washed out her hair. It produced a nice bump and it has been very sore.

Why me? she asks us. We don't have any answers. But here she is preparing for her dance pictures. Things can be good. She is growing up nicely. We hope the rest of the summer is better for her!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Poor Maddie! Yeah, it does sound like all the the yucky things are being piled on her! She has my condolences and permission to have a warm, gooey cookie.

Shoebox Princess said...

I hope Missie's head feels better soon. She has had to suffer a bit this summer, hasn't she? I hope the rest of the summer goes better for her. Love you, Maddie!

She looks adorably cute in the dance photo.

TeamCar said...

Ahhh yes... it seems at times things conspire against us... and yet, she has such a beautiful spirit.. and she is so cute! She also has great parents that support her!

I can't wait to see the re-finished room. Tell her that Jane had lice in January of this year. I was gone, came back and moicy.. she had a head full of lice. I had to wash her hair, and we all sterilized the bedding .. everyone's and we all washed each other's hair and combed it.. just to check. Jane missed almost a full week of school.. and she was SO extremely sad. She felt the same way as Maddie. Dern little buggers. Lice happens!

Summer will be better tho.. I am quite sure. Love you!