Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last Year's Project, This Year!!

Last year I had all sorts of things I wanted to do over summer break. And I did many of those things. But a few were left undone and during the course of the school year, I did not get to them. that it not saying I did nothing for those of you who know, know that I was rather busy with teacher certification garbage that I did nothing else. Now I'm certified and it is once again summer. I did my vacationing and now it is time to get down to the nitty gritty. I was not going to let another summer pass by without changing up the girl's bathroom. I know, it is not a life necessity, but i wanted to do it. So, I did!! Lani came over and helped me pick a paint. I was going to go with blue, but she talked me into the coral. Of course, orange is one of my new passions in life so i was all over that. The room is quite bright, but I love it, the girls love it, and it is DONE!!


Both Rozzie and Morgan went off the Girl's Camp Round 2 this week so I have been spending quality time with Maddie. She has been on her own for 3 weeks so this quality time has been needed by both of us. We went grocery shopping together. I treated her for the lice that I found upon my return. And I took her to a knitting lesson today (she is nit free!!). She is knitting a bunny (Matt did the same one) and she is doing well. I'll post pictures when it is done. She was knitting left handed and we couldn't figure out the purl, so Kathe (pronounced Kay-duh) taught her to knit right handed. Kathe is a lefty and she told Maddie that it is good to be able to knit from both sides - on short stockinette stitch, she won't have to turn the project, just knit backwards!! LUCKY!!

No, we don't know where she got lice - I've been gone for three weeks!! She was pretty horrified and spent quite a bit of time crying. Rozzie was checked before camp and showed no signs. It is so icky. I don't recommend it. After 16 years of child-rearing, I couldn't believe it. We survived and I continue to check her hair EVERY day!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Coooool bathroom! Very classy but girlie too!

Yay for bunny-knitting (not bunny-nitting)!

Jen said...

Very fun and festive bathroom! I was wondering on our last visit if the girls were still into Minnie Mouse:)

Good for Maddie to learn right-handed knitting. That's what I had to do, too, since nobody could teach me the lefty way. It's not so bad since you do use both hands just about as much as each other. I had to do the same thing with crocheting. Can't wait to see the bunny.

Casey Gentle said...

I love the nit/knit story! But even more, that bathroom is great! It looks fabulous. I've always loved the vibrant colors. Good paint job! I hope you like the pain job we did on your car.