Monday, January 19, 2009

This, that, and someone else...

This is my dishcloth. I pulled up an old pattern and tried it out. I had to reference youtube to get the yarnover stitch right, but then everything went according to pattern! I'm giving this to my English Dept Head. We just finished up 10 weeks of cafeteria duty together and she was rather intrigued with dishcloth knitting. She didn't think it strange at all. She also promised me her room when she retires next year (if she goes through with it).
That is the new mess in the house. We over bought flooring and when Travis returned it, they would only give him store credit. It is hard to come up with a home improvement project on the spot. We really weren't planning on doing anything else at this time. So we are re-tiling our shower. I'm acting like this isn't going on. I have another class starting tomorrow and I just can't handle the mess. It just makes my ADD brain breakdown. It will be very nice when it is done. I'll then have a bench on which to sit!!

Someone else is Savana! She was in Orlando with her college dance team. Travis and the girls went down to meet her and have dinner. I couldn't attend due to church meetings and stake choir. I'm so sad that I missed seeing her. She is a dear girl. Savana and Morgan always had such a special friendship when they were little. Savana really watched out for Morgan and took care of her. In return, Morgan loved her the best!


3 comments:

Dennis said...

Ongoing home renovations, oh my! It has been said that the two most important rooms in the home to renovate and update are the kitchen and bathroom. You get the most bang for the buck with them. It would be difficult for us to renovate our bathroom since we have only one and if it were out of commission for more than an hour we'd be in a mell of a hess. I'm sure Travis will do a good job and I envy you having a bench to sit on in the shower. NHow all you'll need is a computer, TV and DVD player in there.

Jen said...

Just wrapping up some bathroom projects here too, finally finished the wall patch where I had to cut out to access the shower/tub valve. Today was model rockets with the Varsity scouts though, sweet.
Concerned Citizen

Jen said...

Ooh, I like the colors of your dishcloth. Another project? Looks like a fun one:) Mike finally finished our little plumbing project by sealing up the wall he had to tear out. Now we just need to paint it to match the rest of the wall.