Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the Grind

It was so wonderful to have those two weeks off. My goal was to finish my portfolio. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA..... Ok, I did nothing in it. One week + one week = nothing. I did rewrite my Macbeth unit, though, and that counts for something. I'm at a rebellion point with my portfolio. Really, though, it is almost done.

Can I just say how much I loved my time off? I did. It reminded me of how much I loved being a stay at home mom. I loved the freedom and the mundanity (did I make that up?) of it. I really don't mind not going anywhere. Christmas was great. New Year's was great. We got it all cleaned up and the house is back to normal. Mind you, it hasn't been normal in months. Travis FINISHED the flooring project. No, I'm wrong. He still has to caulk and paint the baseboards. However, the house is free of the wood floor mess. So, it was nice to get Christmas packed up and go to what seems like a sparse house.

Now I'm back at school - no students today. I like being able to take baby steps back into school. I think I'd have had a meltdown if we all came back. I needed today to get everything organized, copied, delivered, etc. I guess it won't be so bad. The days go by quickly. The year will progress, and soon it will be Spring Break, then, before you know it, the year will end!

Have a happy day and welcome to 2009. Oh, this is a big year. Mark your calendars, March 26th I turn 40 and that is a big deal. Then September 1st is our 20th anniversary. See? I knew 2009 was destined to be great!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Go 2009! Yay for rewriting the Macbeth unit!

Why can't you teach school without having to interact with actual students?

Dennis said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time off. It's too bad your return has to be marred by students. I, like you returned to my students and their continual talk and display of bodily functions. The morning drive is usually pretty quiet but the afternoon drive after much sugar in the form of pop, candy, etc. is usually hectic.

Jen said...

Oh, Jenni, I always enjoyed my time off from teaching and dreaded going back. But your experience is definitely better than mine was. You don't have screaming nightmares every Sunday night, do you? It sounds like you had a wonderful time home with your family. I'm sure the girls were happy to get so much of you.

It does sound like a big year for you. I hope it turns out great for you.