Monday, November 24, 2008

Most Glorious Thanksgiving Break

So here I am on Thanksgiving Break!! We got the whole week off. I guess they decided that everyone leaves anyway, so why fight it? I'm not complaining. I got right to work enjoying myself on Friday afternoon. We took Rozzie and Maddie shopping at Kohl's. The girls have this problem with their arms. They got really long over the last year and none of their long sleeved shirts fit them. It has been chilly and so they were in need of clothing. They got some nice things and will be appropriately clothed. Of course with Kohl's, everything is on sale and we are grateful for that option close by. Rozzie got the nicest coat!! I LOVE it. Saturday morning she went out to clean the garage and wore her new ivory/black coat out there. "No dear. Cleaning the garage is a "sweatshirt" kind of job." She likes to get dressed to the nines to sit around the house. So, here is a little hint of how we are spending our days off:

Licky is a connoisseur of taking it easy. He loves it when we don't make the bed and there are pillows to lean up against and snuggle in-between. He embodies the attitude of comfort and rest.
Travis took a day off last week and worked on the floors. Some have asked about progress. I thought that showing the bedroom all done was as much as you wanted to see regarding the floors. Travis got through Morgie's hall and into the storage closet. I love how the wood just flows everywhere. Travis took everything out of the closet and put it back. Now he is familiar with what is in the closet and won't have to ask me if we have any more salad dressing. He already knows that yes, it is in the closet.
Travis is very proud of this little joint in the toe board. He is not a detail man, so this was a big deal for him. It turned out great. He will do the caulking all at once for the entire house. At least the boards are in place.
Here is how Maddie is spending movie time. She is knitting wash clothes!! She has become quite the knitter.

As for me, I FINALLY got to the last 12 ornaments. Hip Hip Hooray!! They are done now and I just need to spray varnish them, drill the hole, and put the twine in them. Love this life!! Tonight is "Twilight" night. Very exciting.

One last story (and I know Sara has done this before). Last night, Morgie was in her room playing her guitar and not responding to my calls. So I texted her, knowing she was expecting a friend to text her and she'd pick up her phone immediately. So I texted "come clean the kitchen and wash the dishes" (there was hardly anything to do as I had cleaned up before dinner). I had Travis come and watch what I was doing. Within seconds we heard, "Mo-om!" She laughed really hard and came out and did the dishes with Rozzie's help.

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Berry nice flooring! Tell Travis super job on the detail!

I would like to refer Maddie to this website:
http://monthlydishclothkal.blogspot.com/
It's a club where you can knit 2 dishclothes a month. The leader sends out about 10 lines a day for 6 days and doesn't tell you what the image will be. I have been a member since the middle of October and have knitted three dishclothes already. You are given a color suggestion though. You have to sign up with a Yahoo email account, but you can have the emails sent to any email account.

Happy turkeyday vacation!

My word verification was petst. Appropriate for a post with a picture of the family cat in it.

Shoebox Princess said...

Also, gotta love the texting, at least in those instances when you can totally catch the kids off guard.